• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient DG Spec 1 Shoe

Any date set on the shoes? I am looking to get a new pair, will hold off for one of these if it is not too much longer.

Was trying to hold out for the new Salient shoe, but with no estimated release date, the tread wearing out on my Delavegas, and the fact that I found some new Delavegas on sale, I pulled the trigger for some new Delavegas.

Was trying to hold out for the new Salient shoe, but with no estimated release date, the tread wearing out on my Delavegas, and the fact that I found some new Delavegas on sale, I pulled the trigger for some new Delavegas.

Yeah I pulled the trigger on the north face hedgehogs. Glad I did but still hoping to try out the salient shoe

It's not an issue on coming out in time, it's an issue of timing the market right and Christmas seems like the most appropriate time for us to release and gave us time to test the durability.

Did they promise a release date for the shoes?

From earlier in this thread:

DG spec 1 design is complete. Now just waiting to receive some samples to test thoroughly. Color choices will be black and navy and black on black. We will most likely begin with sizes 9-12 and expand to smaller and larger sizes based on demand.

Release is late Summer or early Fall

Just finished reading the Catalyst thread and now this one.. Seems like steinkecm has a hate on for Salient...

yes I am noticing this too. the disc did have a slight delay but there is nothin you can do when a machine breaks. but it was fixed quickly as many are enjoying their discs while others not so much and that is ok. I think it is a good strategy to wait on the shoe than push out a product that isn't 100 percent ready. a much more aggressive tread is being used now and lots of testing has been done. the catalyst looks perfected and it's smart to war on giving out a final ship date til he knows for sure. he has definitely learned from his previous bag releases and this will be the best one yet

DG spec 1 design is complete. Now just waiting to receive some samples to test thoroughly. Color choices will be black and navy and black on black. We will most likely begin with sizes 9-12 and expand to smaller and larger sizes based on demand.

Release is late Summer or early Fall

....huh.

a company does have a right to wait to release a product, especially if it will make it even better before releasing. Think a little more open minded

Oh, that part I get. I think that it is absolutely pertinent that a company release the best possible product they have the ability to. It not only leads to satisfied consumers, but is strengthens the brand's image considerably.

However, when each product a company attempts to release is pushed back (no matter how slight) it negatively affects that company's brand.

I don't think there is a problem whatsoever with taking your time on a product. It simply causes problems when you flippantly mention a possible release date and then pretend it didn't happen.

And in terms of the comments here about me hating Salient specifically, that's not true -- at least in its entirety. I dislike the fanboy-esque nature with which these threads are being conducted. No one is allowed to be critical or to have a question. Discussion is effectively disallowed by your quick, apparently all-knowing responses. If you would let your client base have a critical discussion, you would learn much about what they want and have information that cannot be under-valued. You will learn just as much, if not more, from those who do not like your current product as you will from your friends and closest supporters.

This is supposed to be a place where we can all come and discuss disc golf -- that includes our frustrations, negative opinions and things that don't necessarily sit well with you. That doesn't mean they should get labeled as "hate" or get squashed just because you don't agree with them.

The shoes were mentioned to be released late summer or early fall. That time has come and is now gone. The show release didn't happen. The disc was late. I'm simply commenting with what I'm observing. I understand that it might be frustrating, but remember this: I am a consumer. I am a possible customer. If you run around and treat your customer base poorly based on the fact they have negative feedback about your brand, it's only a matter of time before they will no longer consider your product viable.

And on the off-chance you're not actually connected with the company in any official capacity, this might be the time where Kilgus realizes the impact that your constant comments and "answers" will have on his brand.

Oh, that part I get. I think that it is absolutely pertinent that a company release the best possible product they have the ability to. It not only leads to satisfied consumers, but is strengthens the brand's image considerably.

However, when each product a company attempts to release is pushed back (no matter how slight) it negatively affects that company's brand.

I don't think there is a problem whatsoever with taking your time on a product. It simply causes problems when you flippantly mention a possible release date and then pretend it didn't happen.

And in terms of the comments here about me hating Salient specifically, that's not true -- at least in its entirety. I dislike the fanboy-esque nature with which these threads are being conducted. No one is allowed to be critical or to have a question. Discussion is effectively disallowed by your quick, apparently all-knowing responses. If you would let your client base have a critical discussion, you would learn much about what they want and have information that cannot be under-valued. You will learn just as much, if not more, from those who do not like your current product as you will from your friends and closest supporters.

This is supposed to be a place where we can all come and discuss disc golf -- that includes our frustrations, negative opinions and things that don't necessarily sit well with you. That doesn't mean they should get labeled as "hate" or get squashed just because you don't agree with them.

The shoes were mentioned to be released late summer or early fall. That time has come and is now gone. The show release didn't happen. The disc was late. I'm simply commenting with what I'm observing. I understand that it might be frustrating, but remember this: I am a consumer. I am a possible customer. If you run around and treat your customer base poorly based on the fact they have negative feedback about your brand, it's only a matter of time before they will no longer consider your product viable.

And on the off-chance you're not actually connected with the company in any official capacity, this might be the time where Kilgus realizes the impact that your constant comments and "answers" will have on his brand.

my apologies then, I'm still new at this representing thing and I know I'm making mistakes and trying to change the west I am posting, it's hard to do based on how I have posted about other companies the past 4 years. if it's my posts that have turned you off to salient again I apologize but don't take it out on the company. yes releases have been pushed back and I don't have an answer for that. all I can say is give it a little time. sorry again for my representation

Re bumping this thread for an update. The Spec1 shoe is still on schedule to be released this winter..I know for some winter has already come lol. Once the Catalyst has completed its released the shoes will be the main project of priority. But they are coming so stay tuned for more updates

Could not have said it any better myself. Well Said. Thank You.