• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient Disc Shoes

Someone is selling New Salient disc Golf Shoes for $9.99 on Ebay..do a google search. $20 shipping but still could be a deal if they last more than a few months. When I get mine i will post a review to this thread.

I know that there is a lot of justified hate for Salient, but I have had a pair of these shoes for many years. They have held up well. They do not have a lot of cushioning and feel hard on my feet, but they do not make my feet sore. They are also good at keeping my feet dry, even though they are not strictly waterproof.

Pete

I know that there is a lot of justified hate for Salient, but I have had a pair of these shoes for many years. They have held up well. They do not have a lot of cushioning and feel hard on my feet, but they do not make my feet sore. They are also good at keeping my feet dry, even though they are not strictly waterproof.

Pete

I think it was mostly the discs that Salient Made its self and lager backpacks that caused the problems for the company as the quality control was bad for those products. I am not sure who is making the other discs that were not made by Salient Discs but had the Salient name on them or if the company is still making discs even.

The reviews for some of the Backpacks the 2 smaller ones (not the 2 big models) were on Amazon while they had a few left in stock. The bags got good reviews online but the 2 biggest models got a poor review.

I think it was mostly the discs that Salient Made its self and lager backpacks that caused the problems for the company as the quality control was bad for those products. I am not sure who is making the other discs that were not made by Salient Discs but had the Salient name on them or if the company is still making discs even.

The reviews for some of the Backpacks the 2 smaller ones (not the 2 big models) were on Amazon while they had a few left in stock. The bags got good reviews online but the 2 biggest models got a poor review.

Shoes were pretty legit, I used a pair they gave me for about 2.5 years and the only thing that wore out was the adhesive on the toe. Sole was still okay, but pretty much fell off(during a wet round in Oregon) got super wet and I had to throw them away rather than then have my stinky wet shoes in my travel bag.

The discs they made except for the Backdraft and Touch were poor, the others were made by Yikun and are still in production under their name. The Yao midrange(Salient Cell) and View fairway(Flatline) were ones I really liked. Bags were a mixed bag(sorry for the pun) but mine held up well other than some significant slouch.

Shoes were pretty legit, I used a pair they gave me for about 2.5 years and the only thing that wore out was the adhesive on the toe. Sole was still okay, but pretty much fell off(during a wet round in Oregon) got super wet and I had to throw them away rather than then have my stinky wet shoes in my travel bag.

The discs they made except for the Backdraft and Touch were poor, the others were made by Yikun and are still in production under their name. The Yao midrange(Salient Cell) and View fairway(Flatline) were ones I really liked. Bags were a mixed bag(sorry for the pun) but mine held up well other than some significant slouch.

Yeah the smallest backpack that Salient made was being sold on Amazon for a long time. If you used the smallest Salient backpack with discs going the way that all other bags used and not the way the company suggested the pack was comfortable as well as durable according to the commentators, some decided to switch up how the middle part of the main disc section held discs and they had a more comfortable backpack that sat on the back. One of the lager bags that holds 20-25 discs is still sold on Amazon for a low price that is low enough so make me skeptical at $40 for everything the bag offers with pockets, design, and such. One of the other bags Salient made or had made for them the really large one that held up to 30 disc was labeled Yikun for a little bit 2018 while Yikun sold off the the Salient stock that had not yet gotten a label on the bags.

Yeah the smallest backpack that Salient made was being sold on Amazon for a long time. If you used the smallest Salient backpack with discs going the way that all other bags used and not the way the company suggested the pack was comfortable as well as durable according to the commentators, some decided to switch up how the middle part of the main disc section held discs and they had a more comfortable backpack that sat on the back. One of the lager bags that holds 20-25 discs is still sold on Amazon for a low price that is low enough so make me skeptical at $40 for everything the bag offers with pockets, design, and such. One of the other bags Salient made or had made for them the really large one that held up to 30 disc was labeled Yikun for a little bit 2018 while Yikun sold off the the Salient stock that had not yet gotten a label on the bags.

I had the Ember, their middle sized bag. It's got a lot of good qualities, but as I said the shape being held was the biggest issue.

I had the Ember, their middle sized bag. It's got a lot of good qualities, but as I said the shape being held was the biggest issue.

Ember is what is being sold on Amazon, for that price of $40 I got the Athetico Backpack at $36 (I got mine when price was $30) as the shape of that bag has been tested to stay toghter, I am just wating for the bag on the Vertex Fishing backpack part with metal stool frame to fail so I can add the Athletico backpack to the seat.

Is Salient even salient at this point?