• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Salient Discs Antidote Mid-Range

Test Video

Super glide and due to that it flies sneaky long. A few throws which I didn't include in the video went well into the woods. Most of those are in the 325' range and thrown with some or a lot of hyzer.

Last edited:
No problem. I did a quick one at the same park with a Prometheus so figured it was fitting being I finally got my hands on the antidote. One of the more fun mids I have thrown in a long time. Couple of the shots not featured went way further than I expected. A couple held huge turns into the woods super deep back there you couldn't even see the disc anymore and I left the closest call which almost hit the truck in the video but a few times flew right over that's why no shots coming at it lol. Can't believe this has snuck under the radar so much its probably one of the better true understable mids I have thrown. So many are TOO understable for players like me but really enjoyed throwing it and curious to take it out on the course. If it was beaded id say it might have a shot competing with my tangents :p

^^ I didn't realize you threw anything without an overmold. :p

:hfive: well technically speaking... lol but I love to try out all new discs and throw as many molds as possible to get a good grip on the different stuff out there. I might not bag more than overmolds but my buddies do and promote anything that flies nice!

My wife loves hers (thx BennettUA!) and no longer carries a putter, this has taken everything but the drivers out of her bag.

http://www.discnation.com/Salient-Discs-Antidote-Cryo-1st-Run-Wings-Stamp-Disc-Golf-Mid-range.html

DN has these @$9.99 "fore day sale" -- If you are looking for a understable mid with tons of glide I highly recommend trying one of these out. It is a very good disc for low power players in a premium plastic.

I use mine a lot now and used it to train myself how not to throw 100% all the time. I use to throw everything hard all the time. The antidote has trained me how to take it down a notch and throw some very nice controlled flip up shots.

Took my Antidote out today to try alongside my Flying Squirrel (forgot my Crosslap Lucky dagnabbit!!!). It definitely is more understable than the Squirrel, but it's very easily controlled. For the most part I was throwing high with hyzer and watching it slowly turn to flat and then a little more into an anhyzer line before running out of speed and fading back. I don't have a lot of power, but I was able to park a 330' hole without feeling like I had to crush it.

If given enough time to get to know it, I see this being a great disc for low mobility lies and more extreme line shaping lines that the more popular understable molds don't have the turn to do. It is a nicer plastic than the Squirrel (which I love) and has a less extreme rim to boot. If you've thrown a Squirrel, you know the profile is pretty unconventional. I look forward to testing this a little more and can't wait to get the Lucky out to give all three of the lesser thrown understable mid options a thorough test.

Ok
I'm going to dig mine out, and give it some more time.
I just took my Fuse out of the bag because I never throw it.
I always just reach for my tursas.
But I like having overlap as back up in that spot.

Ok
I'm going to dig mine out, and give it some more time.
I just took my Fuse out of the bag because I never throw it.
I always just reach for my tursas.
But I like having overlap as back up in that spot.

I think more people will like it if they give it some time. I personally use to throw 100% all the time. If I could throw a putter as hard as I could and reach the basket I would. The antidote has taught me how to slow down and throw nice smooth clean hyzer flips with half the power and still make it to the basket with less effort.

If anyone's been wanting to try an Antidote, the FR Liquids are the Prime deal of the day. $11.69 with free shipping at $39.

First, big thanks to tbird for sending me the Antidote. It's much appreciated.

I got to throw it a few times last night, and I liked it. Definitely understable, and probably the closest comparison I can make in terms of flight after a couple handfuls of field throws is the X-out Star Stingray I got recently. The plastic feels good though, I did like that. (First Salient disc I've touched.) I'm going to try to throw it some more this weekend, and compare it to the M5, Flying Squirrel, and GL Fuse, and develop a better comparison and more comprehensive idea of how this thing flies.

Thanks again, tbird.

First, big thanks to tbird for sending me the Antidote. It's much appreciated.

I got to throw it a few times last night, and I liked it. Definitely understable, and probably the closest comparison I can make in terms of flight after a couple handfuls of field throws is the X-out Star Stingray I got recently. The plastic feels good though, I did like that. (First Salient disc I've touched.) I'm going to try to throw it some more this weekend, and compare it to the M5, Flying Squirrel, and GL Fuse, and develop a better comparison and more comprehensive idea of how this thing flies.

Thanks again, tbird.

Great to hear Broken Shoulder. Thats awesome that TBird sent an antidote out to you. I cant wait to hear more about what you think of the disc.

So, I let a local buddy of mine try my Antidotes because he wanted something for flippy mid shots, and he fell in love!! He wanted something he could put on a big hyzer release with a lot of power and get it to turn over, and this disc is perfect for that shot!! I've watched him pull off some crazy lines with these and I believe it has become a signature mold in his bag now! If you are looking for a disc for this type of shot, I highly recommend the Antidote!