• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Drivers] Salient Discs "Reign" JohnE Sig Distance Driver

I agree with Chris about the fact the Yikun produces some very nice molds and plastic. They are doing well overseas and we are helping get their plastic out over here.

just fyi, i've been throwing lots of Yikun plastic (phoenix and dragon lines, not tiger yet) molded in china and every single one of them has been top quality. no problems whatsoever.

Lol. The questions about country of origin are just Americans being, well Americans. Anytime that something that originated here starts being done overseas, especially in China of all places many Americans refuse to give it a chance and will tear said company down in anyway they can. All while using their Chinese made phones, tablets, and computers. Wearing Chinese made clothes and shoes and driving around in predominantly Chinese made vehicles. You see we Americans have taken hypocrisy to the absolute highest of levels.

I am glad to see Salient and Yikun working together. Hopefully the get more recognition as a team than they did separately. I know it has not always been easy for Salient on these here forums, but the past happenings seem to have cleared things up. I mean if JohnE, possibly the nicest, most laid back dude in disc golf is being sponsored by Salient, the company is doing something right. This new disc is a bit faster than I throw, but to support JohnE, I will probably buy one.

To my defense here, I AM NOT bashing Yikun or Salient! I was just getting the direct answer to a question.

The Yikun stuff looks good and their stamps are cool AND have meaning. Maybe I will try some of their stuff in the future.

I am in the bicycle business....Heck, everything we sell is made in China or Taiwan!

I also throw mostly Euro made plastic too!

Last edited:
To my defense here, I AM NOT bashing Yikun or Salient! I was just getting the direct answer to a question.

The Yikun stuff looks good and their stamps are cool AND have meaning. Maybe I will try some of their stuff in the future.

I am in the bicycle business....Heck, everything we sell is made in China or Taiwan!

Sorry if it felt like I was singling you out. I wasn't. Just stating how many on here do feel about. Heck one guy on here boycotts all non American made discs. Even though those discs made in America are made with mostly foreign made plastics. It is funny to me.

We appreciate the support from anyone and everyone. I know Johne appreciates it as well. As a few of you have said he is easily one of the nicest guys in the game today and we are extremely happy to have him as part of the Salient team.

Nate: it's cool that you support John E. But saying he is nicer and more laid back than MJ is a travesty.

Being as new to the sport as I am, I have just seen way more of JohnE. I can only speak from experiences I have had. I am sure MJ is an amazing dude as well.

i just wanted to let you know my experience with their plastic. i'm not affiliated with either Yikun or Salient. here in thailand it's quite difficult to get discs due to shipping costs plus import duties, they double the cost of plastic. i was happy to hear of Yikun making pdga approved discs in china due to lower shipping costs and import costs. now that i've tried their two premium plastics and seen the quality and durability i have ordered their entry level plastic to use for my rentals.

That's a good deal, their liquid plastic is amazing.

Nuke(red) ... vs ... Reign(blue)

2014_09_19_13_14_12_945.jpg

Latest posts