• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient HELIX Bag

Aim For The Chains

FROLF OFF!
Bronze level trusted reviewer
Just saw this on the Salient FB page... I wasn't really into the looks of the catalyst but this seems sleeker and more professional IMO' Will be curious to hear how it compares to their current model and why they went ahead with a new bag so soon.

10313054_305480756283356_5258176224433240319_n.jpg

10372350_306075552890543_6407809814915723077_n.jpg

10390304_305730489591716_4322891843138529843_n.jpg

Not much info outside of larger capacity, lifetime warranty, and it has 3 feet?! lol.
Salient Discs: Helix is the new name! Full lifetime warranty. Large capacity
5 minutes ago

I don't follow the bag market much but couldn't believe DGCR was sleeping on this one with all the bag whores around here! lol.

In before the "Grip bag copy" comment

Maybe it's an Ergo 2 clone, but it's all twisted.

I CAN'T WAIT FOR PRE ORDERS TO OPEN.

I'm interested to see what this looks like. I'm enjoying my Catalyst so far.

Here you go. :popcorn:

A14_4_24_Card-01.jpg

Replace grip logo with salient. Remove ugly course topography.

:D

Being serious though I'm sure it will a decent bag. Hopefully they are righting the sinking ship from their previous failures. Seems like the new PR guy is a big help.

I wish bag makers didn't feel the need to do teaser pics of pieces of a new bag. Just release a few good pictures lol. You're building backpacks not stealth planes. Unless you call your production facility area 51 I don't see the need to play coy.

I really think you guys will like the Helix. Pictures will be going up next week but for the time being I can answer questions for people that are curious about the bag. I will also post up some details later tonight when I get home.

I wish bag makers didn't feel the need to do teaser pics of pieces of a new bag. Just release a few good pictures lol. You're building backpacks not stealth planes. Unless you call your production facility area 51 I don't see the need to play coy.

but then we couldn't sling mud and speculate over which bag is copied the most, because we are fans of the other said bag company :p

In the long run, what do you care what others think about the bag you choose to use. Shouldn't it matter what YOU think of it, provided it performs the functions you purchased it for initially?

Here are a few things about the Helix

No questions asked lifetime warranty: An individually numbered warranty card will be sent with each bag and the bag must be sent with the original box, signed warranty card, and shipping to Salient is the customer's responsibility. The warranty card will include what is covered under the policy is transferable.

Disc Nation will be doing all QC and shipping of the Helix regardless of where you preorder or order from.

The Inside and outside of the Helix are made with 1000D Cordura.

The top pocket above the go get it slot is felt lined to protect valuable items from getting scratched. This pocket is big enough to put 3 putters in though in case you would rather use it for discs than other items.

A matching rainfly will also be included with every bag. So for instance if you have the black and blue bag you will receive a blue rainfly. The interior of the bag will also match the outside so if you bag is black and blue the interior of the bag will also be blue. Pictures of my sample though do not have the colored inside.

I also want you guys to know that I do have a bag on hand and will take measurements you guys would like or if you would like me to setup the bag a certain way and snap a picture so you can see how all the discs fit I am more than happy to do so. I will begin doing this sometime next week.

but then we couldn't sling mud and speculate over which bag is copied the most, because we are fans of the other said bag company :p

I guess that would make DGCR less interesting. I can't say I'm a huge fan of any bag maker. I like my grip L frame, ranger, and really enjoy the DD soldier bag but nothing has been perfect yet. I'd probably have to have a custom made bag and I haven't seen anyone who does those that I have confidence in yet. Too many horror stories of people who preorder and prepay then don't get what they wanted for several months if ever.

Scott-

Is the "1000D inside and out" unique compared to other models currently on the market and how does this bag differ from the catalyst? Whole new process or just design?

# of discs + stuff does it hold/possible pricing?

Here are a few things about the Helix

No questions asked lifetime warranty: An individually numbered warranty card will be sent with each bag and the bag must be sent with the original box, signed warranty card, and shipping to Salient is the customer's responsibility. The warranty card will include what is covered under the policy is transferable.

Disc Nation will be doing all QC and shipping of the Helix regardless of where you preorder or order from.

The Inside and outside of the Helix are made with 1000D Cordura.

The top pocket above the go get it slot is felt lined to protect valuable items from getting scratched. This pocket is big enough to put 3 putters in though in case you would rather use it for discs than other items.

A matching rainfly will also be included with every bag. So for instance if you have the black and blue bag you will receive a blue rainfly. The interior of the bag will also match the outside so if you bag is black and blue the interior of the bag will also be blue. Pictures of my sample though do not have the colored inside.

I also want you guys to know that I do have a bag on hand and will take measurements you guys would like or if you would like me to setup the bag a certain way and snap a picture so you can see how all the discs fit I am more than happy to do so. I will begin doing this sometime next week.

Felt lining is a nice touch. Smart phone screens will thank you. The color matching rainfly and interior sounds cool as well. Actually it all sounds pretty good but I got to be honest with you my man. That shipping for warranty on your own dime is just strange. You guys should really sit down and figure out one solid warranty policy for all your products i.e shoes and bags. Limit it to the original owner, limit it to manufacturer defect and not abuse, but I can't ever see making a customer pay for return shipping for warranty work as a good thing.

Latest posts