• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

New bag company out of Portland>>>Odin Disc Golf Bags

Big Weekend

Eagle Member
Just wanted to pass along info regarding a sweet new bag company out of Portland being run by fellow disc golfer Nick Marshall.

Genuinely nice, solid golfer trying to break into a highly competitively market nowadays, with a high quality bag at a lower price point than most competition.

If you order during the pre-sale period you get a LIFETIME warranty and 3 bag replacements all for $100!!!

Odin has a Facebook page if that is something you do, or a normal website for those so inclined.

Here are some links for reference.

Video preview of the 4th prototype::https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvPGgQX5sh4

https://www.facebook.com/OdinDGB

http://odindgb.com

You can also pick which player you would like to support when you buy a bag, which could be someone in your area, or someone like me from CO.:p

I like the look of the bag, and love the preorder price. Looks like a lot of bag in a small package.

Why do all the good bags only have one water bottle holder?!?:wall::wall:

Any idea on the capacity of the main compartment?

This is what was needed amongst the top bag manufacturers: competition. The bag does look nice and the price is a steal, relative to all the other backpack bags, save the Magellan, but the 3 free replacements during the pre sale period makes up for that. Just need to get paid and it's on.

This is what was needed amongst the top bag manufacturers: competition. The bag does look nice and the price is a steal, relative to all the other backpack bags, save the Magellan, but the 3 free replacements during the pre sale period makes up for that. Just need to get paid and it's on.

Nice man!
If you use me "Alex Johnson" as your sponsor choice I'd be honored.
Let Nick (the owner) know if you have any questions.
Peace

Looks decent, hope he does well.
This is what was needed amongst the top bag manufacturers: competition.
Competition will lead to better, more innovative designs and enhanced features. The down side is that as more manufacturers enter the market, each additional manufacturer is vying for a smaller segment of market share, meaning lower volume.

Cabela's had that XPG fishing backpack (similar in size, material and quality to most back pack bags) priced well under $100 because there was enough volume to allow them to produce for less. But with Gorilla Boy, Mystery Ranch, Grip, Dynamic, Prodiscus, Voodoo, Salient, and who knows who else slicing the available sales into ever increasingly smaller slices of the pie, it makes it less likely any of them will ever be able to move enough to allow prices to drop.

I'm not knocking anyone... that's simply how business works.

Last edited:
I'm very encouraged that he's on the 4th prototype and he's still not satisfied.

I play team golf with (against) Nick and saw one of his protos a couple of weeks ago. It looked solid.

Definitely looks like a solid bag for the price. I'd be intrigued to see how a divider would fit in the main compartment. Plenty of storage space otherwise.

I wish I'd seen this before I started work on a DIY bag. I'm well over $50 on one of the Target backpacks, and won't have a warranty when I'm done. Oh well, my loss. Good luck to Odin DG!

I wish I'd seen this before I started work on a DIY bag. I'm well over $50 on one of the Target backpacks, and won't have a warranty when I'm done. Oh well, my loss. Good luck to Odin DG!

Or you could have the peace of mind that an Odin bag would offer in case your Target project goes south.

When is the unveiling of this new bag? I'm itching to get one.

No date set in stone. Last thing Nick wants to do is over promise like many companies have done in the past and not be able to deliver on his word.

I do have a feeling he will be ending the pre-sale offer of a LIFETIME warranty and 3 free lost bag replacements all for $100, at the end of February if I was a betting man.

I know he is trying his hardest to get them out to the team members and pre-ordered people as quickly as possible. That could be any time in the next few months, but he would know better than I how close he is in the process.

Send Nick a msg, and I am sure he will respond to any questions.
http://odindgb.com/index.php/contact

Any word on the materials used in construction for the bag? I did a brief look through on the site and didn't see anything.

I know 1000D Cordura is the "in" material now so that is always a big selling point.

Looks great. Thought about it quite a bit.

Undetermined wait turned me off. Do not want to spend the next few months wondering when and if it will show up. May look into when there is a ready to ship stock.

Any word on the materials used in construction for the bag? I did a brief look through on the site and didn't see anything.

I know 1000D Cordura is the "in" material now so that is always a big selling point.

According to Nick, the bag will use mainly 1680D polyester, keeping it both light and strong.

Still had some tax refund laying around so I pulled the trigger. Wish me luck :D

Need a PVC frame for a Target backpack? :p

I live in the Portland area. Is there any way to check one of these out/wear one? Or are we still waiting for more units to be completed? I'd love to support a local company, but i just don't wanna go into it with a blind leap of faith.

I live in the Portland area. Is there any way to check one of these out/wear one? Or are we still waiting for more units to be completed? I'd love to support a local company, but i just don't wanna go into it with a blind leap of faith.

I would contact Nick directly and I have a strong feeling he would try and figure something out with you.

Latest posts