• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Disc Golf Bags

Eco81

Double Eagle Member
If money was not an option what bag wold you buy? I am in the market for a new bag and am torn between a couple. Right now I have an Innova competition bag which with quad straps which I like but is a little small and I would like a couple more pockets to carry my stuff. I carry about 15 discs. I also am having some lower back issues and want to make sure the bag is not going to screw up my back anymore. I like the voodoo mojo, Gorilla Boy kong, Grip and the Golf mahal. I know the mahal is large but I like the fact the bag has a lifetime warranty, can expand and contract depending on what you need. Will hold a umbrella and stoll and should hurt my lower back. Am I missing other bags that might be good for me? Other back pack style bags.

if money was not an option then who cares about lifetime guarantees? just buy a new one when you feel like it. gorilla boy FTW!

Grip, the backpack style should be the best for your back issues, and since money is not an issue the $200 your going to drop on it wont be a problem.

I like Voodoo bags, I have a karma and it is the favorite bag that I ever had. Before I got the Voodoo, I actually thought FADE bags were semi-decent.

So I recommend a Voodoo Karma or Zulu, if money isn't an option, then, throw some phenix or dga straps on it and you're good to go.

you can contact shane @ voodoo directly, or you can get them from the glide disc golf store.

I would say a grip eq. I have back issues and it helps a ton with how high its rides on ur back. Is pretty compact size but has plenty of room for gear and about 18-20 discs. Holds umbrella and stool at the same time.
Oh yeah, also has lifetime warranty!!!

The Mahal is supposedly the best on the market for your back. The way they designed the straps and yoke is innovative. The price tag is so high because they are way more durable than any other bag. They give the lifetime warranty because they are so durable that they won't lose much money.

I love my Karma, just saying, great bag for the price. If money was not an issue I would have gone with the Mahal.

As a person with back issues, the Grip has been great on my back. I still have pain after a few rounds , but nothing like I had with the standard bags out there. It's a very well made too. I'd put it up there with Revo and Voodoo when it come to material and quality. With only 15 discs it will fit your need as well. I use to carry 20, but had to cut back with the Grip. With the "U" channel divider in it I can carry 17 in the main compartment and I can slide one in the front pouch and one in the main compartment cover, plus 3 putters.
Now if we are just talking the BEST bag out there. For me the Voodoo blows away any other bag I've owned. Very well made and a well thought out design.
I've heard nothing but great things about the Mahal bag, but as I've said before. I just don't need a Humvee to drive over speed bumps lol! but I would think, id the Grip bag has reduced my back pain. The Mahal would feel even better.
Finally, I would stay very far away from the Revo Dualpack. Man, I could not sell that thing fast enough. It is a VERY poorly designed bag. It was terrible! I have to give them props for their quality, but that's it. Of all of the bags I've owned, the Dualpack was the worst by far!

Finally, I would stay very far away from the Revo Dualpack. Man, I could not sell that thing fast enough. It is a VERY poorly designed bag. It was terrible! I have to give them props for their quality, but that's it. Of all of the bags I've owned, the Dualpack was the worst by far!

This is a first for me. Everyone I've talked to, who's owned one, really liked them. 9 out of 10 grip bags seem to screw up at some point. Revo bag is very comfortable and well designed. I've had zero issues with mine....what exactly about the design dont u like? I am however in the market for a medium sized bag. I have a fade crunch (great weekend bag) and the revo (bought it for tourneys) now I need something in between....might look into the voodoos

Many quality bags on the market right now, and you really can't go wrong with the Mahal, Revo, Voodoo, Grip or GB.

I have a Mahal, and I love it. Worth every penny.

If money was not an option, I'd have one custom made. It would look alot like a Lat 64 Pro (features) and a Revo Carolina (size and frame) hybrid.

This is a first for me. Everyone I've talked to, who's owned one, really liked them. 9 out of 10 grip bags seem to screw up at some point. Revo bag is very comfortable and well designed. I've had zero issues with mine....what exactly about the design dont u like? I am however in the market for a medium sized bag. I have a fade crunch (great weekend bag) and the revo (bought it for tourneys) now I need something in between....might look into the voodoos
A few things bugged me about the design. The opening for the main compartment is to small. You have to really contort your discs to get them out (with a full bag). The top compartment droops over the disc compartment. Making it even more of a pain to get discs out. I even put a piece of plastic on top of the internal frame to help stop this, but it was only some what effective. The water bottle holders only have a single strap on the bottom. So, small water bottles fall through them all the time. The first to things I stated are the biggest problem though. So much so, I only used the bag a few times before I sold it. Great quality though, but it just couldn't overcome the poor design.