• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient News and Notes

Some dude on FB ponied up the $40 to get the details...and there wasn't really much for them to sell off except for a 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette and a stamping machine and some other small equipment being kept at Bob's Storage.

Sounds like they could recoup some money selling tickets to the hearings...

Some dude on FB ponied up the $40 to get the details...and there wasn't really much for them to sell off except for a 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette and a stamping machine and some other small equipment being kept at Bob's Storage.

I'm glad somebody did.

Of course, we vultures don't want to know about the assets, but the liabilities. Therein lies the entertainment.

I shall plagiarize, on Facebook, in about 35 seconds.

If you have a problem with that, alert your fake lawyer.

I was ready to fake lawyer up, then I saw you at least gave me credit. I'll shred the fake ceast & desist....for now....

But what about thhat awesome disc golf tour on ESPN that everybody loved?

I didn't watch it, that's my bad. My bad everybody, I ruined the future of disc golf and killed Salient, mea culpa. :(

I wonder if someone will buy their product designs... I guess that is possible.
It does sound like Salient is done for... won't be returning... ever.

Some new company that needs a putter should buy the Touch mold. Pretty much every other original mold had issues, but Cam Todd did a great job helping them with that one.

Run it in something like BT medium or SS and it would be a great disc.

They made a lot of mistakes and paid for it. But that is one disc that deserves to fly.

Having stolen from here to post on the Salient Discs Complaint Center page on Facebook, I think I'll steal something back from there:

You reap what you sew.

Unfortunately, they couldn't sew a DG bag correctly.

I've avoided Salient talk on DGCR for the most part. But as someone who used to manage distribution fulfillment for them at Disc Nation and worked first hand with the all the parties involved in Salient...I can finally say...Thank god these people are gone from disc golf. I hope they don't try again under a new name.

Deets please

Pardon my n00bness, but why exactly does everyone hate Salient? (besides the fact that the Prometheus is the size of a dinner plate)

In an incorporated business, it's likely that the owners hold stock, or put some of their own money into the corporation, and so the corporation owes them back. The corporation is separate from the individuals.

IMO, the people who head a corporation should be held completely responsible for the actions of the corporation. For example, when a corporation illegally dumps waste, the corporation gets punished while the people who made the illegal decision get to keep their salary and a clean criminal record.

I always thought running a business should be a personal risk, not something you can file a form for reimbursements when you fail. If the loaner was someone not associated with the company, I can see the point. But when the loaner is 100% the reason of the failure of the business, why should they see a cent in return?

Pardon my n00bness, but why exactly does everyone hate Salient? (besides the fact that the Prometheus is the size of a dinner plate)

This article only scratches the surface, but they've had a bad rep from the start. Their owner would come on these board in combative fashion, their customer service has been shoddy, they delete Facebook page criticism...It's a laundry list.

The lifetime warranty was never as sad as when salient offered it.
Maybe Salient meant it was good for the company's lifetime, not the buyer's or the bag's lifetime.

I guess in that respect, they kept their promise for once.

Pardon my n00bness, but why exactly does everyone hate Salient?

1) Shoddy products which fell apart and whose "lifetime warranties" were not honored
2) owners who would publicly argue with folks on Facebook in very combative fashion, compete with personal attacks, and air their dirty laundry without any shame
3) Refusal to refund a competitor in their "marquee" event (who withdrew well in advance of the tournament) his $299 entry fee
4) Holding their "marquee" event, which was aired on ESPN 3, that wasn't even up to the standards of a typical C tier sanctioned event. Held the weekend of the PDGA Women's Global event, they had Hooters girls holding the leaderboard and handed out the cash awards in plastic sandwich bags. It made disc golf look downright foolish.
5) Deletion from their Facebook page of anything even the slightest bit critical of the company and their practices
6) Complete failure to understand even the simplest Business 101 ethics and codes of conduct in the way they interacted with and treated their customers.

1) Shoddy products which fell apart and whose "lifetime warranties" were not honored
2) owners who would publicly argue with folks on Facebook in very combative fashion, compete with personal attacks, and air their dirty laundry without any shame
3) Refusal to refund a competitor in their "marquee" event (who withdrew well in advance of the tournament) his $299 entry fee
4) Holding their "marquee" event, which was aired on ESPN 3, that wasn't even up to the standards of a typical C tier sanctioned event. Held the weekend of the PDGA Women's Global event, they had Hooters girls holding the leaderboard and handed out the cash awards in plastic sandwich bags. It made disc golf look downright foolish.
5) Deletion from their Facebook page of anything even the slightest bit critical of the company and their practices
6) Complete failure to understand even the simplest Business 101 ethics and codes of conduct in the way they interacted with and treated their customers.

That covers the first 3% of it.

IMO, the people who head a corporation should be held completely responsible for the actions of the corporation. For example, when a corporation illegally dumps waste, the corporation gets punished while the people who made the illegal decision get to keep their salary and a clean criminal record.

I always thought running a business should be a personal risk, not something you can file a form for reimbursements when you fail. If the loaner was someone not associated with the company, I can see the point. But when the loaner is 100% the reason of the failure of the business, why should they see a cent in return?

No one in their right mind would open a business under those circumstances.

In a case like this, the owners risked every dime they put into the company. If there's any value left in it, they make get a small fraction back.

If there had been criminal acts such as a toxic waste spill, or tax evasion, they might be personally responsible as corporate officers, not owners. (But there isn't, as far as anyone knows).