• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Salient News and Notes

Now, if only Kilgus and his wife would hop on the rusted out freighter they brought the catalysts over in, we'd have a happy ending.

I've avoided Salient talk on DGCR for the most part. But as someone who used to manage distribution fulfillment for them at Disc Nation and worked first hand with the all the parties involved in Salient...I can finally say...Thank god these people are gone from disc golf. I hope they don't try again under a new name.

So I guess the ADGT was a Hail Mary pass to Des Bryant. So sad.

How many folks wanna bet that the principals involved will blame everyone else instead of themselves? These guys live in such a state of denial that I'm sure they'll never rationalize that it was their **** products and their horrendous customer service and worst people skills in the history of the sport that did them in.

Denial isn't just a river in Africa.

They'llbe too busy trying to break even with the sale of their "assets" but after that is complete I am sure they will blame me and b3ender and DGCR and Facebook and Ricky Wysocki and Innova and the Better Business Bureau and the PDGA and....

It really looks like the ADGT was a last ditch attempt to get things to turn around. They were hoping it would pay off and save the company, if it didn't, hey, they were already going to declare bankruptcy.

It is important to remember that bankruptcy doesn't mean the end of Salient, they could come out of this in some other form and put out their products.

They'llbe too busy trying to break even with the sale of their "assets" but after that is complete I am sure they will blame me and b3ender and DGCR and Facebook and Ricky Wysocki and Innova and the Better Business Bureau and the PDGA and....

Hey, give credit where credit is due. I've been hating on Salient for a long time! ;)

It really looks like the ADGT was a last ditch attempt to get things to turn around. They were hoping it would pay off and save the company, if it didn't, hey, they were already going to declare bankruptcy.

It is important to remember that bankruptcy doesn't mean the end of Salient, they could come out of this in some other form and put out their products.

A lawyer can correct me if I'm wrong, but the link in the OP shows they've filled for Chapter 7, which is liquidation of the business in pursuit of settling debts. It is the end of Salient and there shouldn't be anything left for them start over with once their debts are settled. If they had enough assets to settle debts and somehow stay in business, I think they'd have filled Chapter 11 instead.

Unless you're suggesting that even after this whole mess is settled, they'd start again from scratch. That would be a whole other level of stubborn...and stupid.

I wonder if someone will buy their product designs... I guess that is possible.
It does sound like Salient is done for... won't be returning... ever.

Kilgus and his wife are creditors. Anyone got the deetz on this? Guessing they gave Doucher an initial loan or something. Doubtful they will get much back on that, hopefully nothing. Die Salient, die!!!

Kilgus and his wife are creditors. Anyone got the deetz on this? Guessing they gave Doucher an initial loan or something. Doubtful they will get much back on that, hopefully nothing. Die Salient, die!!!

Boucher is also a creditor. You have to sign up for a free account to see that.

That's not unusual. In an incorporated business, it's likely that the owners hold stock, or put some of their own money into the corporation, and so the corporation owes them back. The corporation is separate from the individuals.

Unless you're suggesting that even after this whole mess is settled, they'd start again from scratch. That would be a whole other level of stubborn...and stupid.

They have demonstrated high levels of efficiency at both.

Boucher is also a creditor. You have to sign up for a free account to see that.

That's not unusual. In an incorporated business, it's likely that the owners hold stock, or put some of their own money into the corporation, and so the corporation owes them back. The corporation is separate from the individuals.

Yep, most likely just making sure collectors don't come after their personal assets. Just the company's.

A lawyer can correct me if I'm wrong, but the link in the OP shows they've filled for Chapter 7, which is liquidation of the business in pursuit of settling debts. It is the end of Salient and there shouldn't be anything left for them start over with once their debts are settled.

Some dude on FB ponied up the $40 to get the details...and there wasn't really much for them to sell off except for a 2002 Oldsmobile Silhouette and a stamping machine and some other small equipment being kept at Bob's Storage.