• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sandia Course

This is neither here nor there...

Back in '05-'07 I was in grad school @ UNM, long story short, I was lucky enough to be a substitute caretaker for a property in the open spaces dept of Bernalillo Co.

The place was on the southern slope of the Sandias, above Tejeras, and was called Carlito Springs. Historic property. It, and the next draw over to the east, where "Travertine Falls" is, would be perfect for at least one gold level 18 hole course. I couldn't help but think about it all the time while I was there, hiking around that piece of land.

Anyways, I have my doubts that the county would get on board with that idea. But just saying, good luck to you guys getting something going in the Sandias, you could throw a dart at a map of the area and hit one perfect spot for a course after another.

@Toro71, I know of the area you are talking about and I hike out there a lot. It is a beautiful mixture of terrain that would be very challenging. I am trying to get the wildlife west nature park to let me revamp, redesign and just redo their course; it is in need of some major TLC.

@Toro71, I know of the area you are talking about and I hike out there a lot. It is a beautiful mixture of terrain that would be very challenging. I am trying to get the wildlife west nature park to let me revamp, redesign and just redo their course; it is in need of some major TLC.

Let me know if you need any help.

Let's not give up there is still hope:

Sandia Peak Ski Area is also potentially interested in a disc course but no new summer projects/activities can happen at Sandia until we are through a Master Plan process with the US Forest Service and the process is a year or two away from completion.

Thank you for your interest in potential projects for Sandia's.

Debi Owen
Sandia Peak Tram / Sandia Peak Ski / Ski Santa Fe
[email protected]

Unfortunately I have not heard anything about this course; although I would love to be in the planning and development process. I love to design courses from nothing.

East mountains course

I know this is an old thread, but I just moved to the east mountains and I would love to know if there is any progress on getting an east mountain course either in the Sandia, Gutierrez, or the Manzanos.

Default East mountains course

Anything ever happen with this? I live in the east mountains as well and i would be willing to help with a course.

Latest posts