• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sarah Hokum in a car accident...

Reading the link I could not help but wonder... Dont you write "badass" in one word? Now it looks like she has a bad ass...

Considering that she lives in Idaho and is currently in Pennsylvania quite possibly w/o a means to get home (I have no idea if she came by vehicle or plane) perhaps to help pay for transportation and other incidental expenses to get home. Honestly, $1500 for a trip like that isn't unreasonable.

It's not like anyone is being forced to donate money.

I think a lot of people in this thread are assuming Sarah made the page asking for money, which doesn't look at all true. Looks like Stuart M. set it up. So how about DGCR stops being DGCR for like 5 minutes and either donate or move along? mmkay.

I think a lot of people in this thread are assuming Sarah made the page asking for money, which doesn't look at all true. Looks like Stuart M. set it up. So how about DGCR stops being DGCR for like 5 minutes and either donate or move along? mmkay.

Agreed. Only speculation but future health issues related to this are a risk which could affect her ability to earn a living from her current occupation.

A local female player here started a GoFundMe page four years ago to help pay for her trip to Worlds when it was in Santa Cruz. No car accident sympathy needed.

Can't remember if she reached her goal, but we got her there. I chipped in $20.

^^^^Thank you. :hfive:

From the PDGA site:

"... And it wasn't a typical run-of-the-mill fender-bender either. Hokom's vehicle was rear-ended at roughly 50mph as she waited at a stop sign. The force of the collision was enough to propel her vehicle into the oncoming lane, where she was struck again, head-on, by a large truck all in a matter of seconds. Her car...totaled. Her desire to compete...unphased."

I think that sort of accident would rattle me to where I wouldn't be able to play back into a tie for 1st. Some serious coping skills on display.

If she needs cash, Legacy needs to give her an "*" signature disc.

I'd proudly throw some Hokom 2015 Worlds* Patriots or Outlaws, even if they were pink.

Reading the link I could not help but wonder... Dont you write "badass" in one word? Now it looks like she has a bad ass...

She doesn't.
sarah_hokom_drive_blue_lake.jpg

Very impressive performance this week, especially given the circumstances. So much heart, true competitor.

the facatious sig disc comment does bring up a point...why the hell don't more women's champs get sig discs? Besides JK, of course.

I thought the World Champ signature disc was mostly an Innova thing? That being said, Val got shafted 3 times. She has a tour signature series disc but not a single World Champ signature disc.

Considering that she lives in Idaho and is currently in Pennsylvania quite possibly w/o a means to get home (I have no idea if she came by vehicle or plane) perhaps to help pay for transportation and other incidental expenses to get home. Honestly, $1500 for a trip like that isn't unreasonable.

It's not like anyone is being forced to donate money.

PDGA Insurance policy provides coverage for the medical expenses.

the facatious sig disc comment does bring up a point...why the hell don't more women's champs get sig discs? Besides JK, of course.

I wasn't being facetious there, Andy, I'd really like to see it happen ( Somebody get Rico on the phone!). When Sarah was leading the first few rounds of the tournament I was looking forward to seeing a Champ disc from Legacy.

I think Prodigy had discs for Catrina and Paige, they just didn't get the buzz that the McBeth discs seem to get.

Because females don't buy enough discs. Pretty simple. And stoned teenagers don't think it is cool to cary a pastel disc with a 'chick's' name.

I wasn't being facetious there, Andy, I'd really like to see it happen ( Somebody get Rico on the phone!). When Sarah was leading the first few rounds of the tournament I was looking forward to seeing a Champ disc from Legacy.

I think Prodigy had discs for Catrina and Paige, they just didn't get the buzz that the McBeth discs seem to get.

Once again, simple economics. Get your female friends playing and buying more discs. Guess what, I don't buy a ton of Donna Karan purses. :eek:

PDGA Insurance policy provides coverage for the medical expenses.
Reread my quote and find where I used the word medical.

Anyone whose been in a car wreck or has otherwise filed a claim knows damned well insurance companies don't just hand over the money on demand, especially when you're dealing with the other party's carrier. She may very well have to get a lawyer involved down the road, in a far away state no less.

Sorry, but it is not like the Ladies use different molds than the guys do, do they? I would throw the POO out of a Paige Pierce, or Sarah Hokum signature disc if I could get a hold of one.

Latest posts