• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sarah Hokum in a car accident...

Sorry, but it is not like the Ladies use different molds than the guys do, do they? I would throw the POO out of a Paige Pierce, or Sarah Hokum signature disc if I could get a hold of one.
That's a minority sentiment. JK Aviar's didn't exactly sell like hotcakes.

There's OOP Discraft Titanium Stalkers with Paige's signature on em. Sarah won world's just before leaving Discraft so if I recall correctly, no signature disc was run for her.

Prodigy released a zillion different molds with their pros accomplishments (world championships or not, most if not all were from when they were sponsored by other companies.)

They aren't special in that several of them have the same mold, and they had several molds stamped not necessarily pertaining how many wins they had. To me, it watered down the specialness of earning a signature disc. Therefore I never bought one.

Attachments

• tmp_29494-$_1.JPG1847392760.jpg
    tmp_29494-$_1.JPG1847392760.jpg
    13.1 KB · Views: 57
Considering that she lives in Idaho and is currently in Pennsylvania quite possibly w/o a means to get home (I have no idea if she came by vehicle or plane) perhaps to help pay for transportation and other incidental expenses to get home. Honestly, $1500 for a trip like that isn't unreasonable.

It's not like anyone is being forced to donate money.
Excellent points, and you gotta love her spirit and will to complete. If she wins this thing, it would surprise me if she becomes known as Sarah "Badass" Hokom.

She's still pretty badass in my book.

* wouldn't

To all the gutless schoolmarms whining about not getting a detailed accounting of a crowd funding effort they never donated a cent to:

Why isn't it enough for you to just choose not to give any money to a dedicated pro, living on the road hand to mouth, playing a sport that garners zero respect from the general public if your a male competitor (even less than if you're a female), a person who went from nearly dying in a horrific car crash that totaled your only means of transportation to jumping into the lead card of the most important tournament in your sport of the year and actually competing, thus providing, for me, what might be the best example of professionalism I've seen in pro sports in the last five years? Why isn't it enough that you chose not to donate to this person's cause? Why couldn't you just leave it at that? Why did you feel the need to lobby against this crowd funding effort? Why isn't it enough to just not want to help? Why do you not want anyone else reading your post to help either? Let me guess, you just don't want anyone on DGCR to get ripped off, right? L.O.L.

Anyway, nice attitude.

To all the gutless schoolmarms whining about not getting a detailed accounting of a crowd funding effort they never donated a cent to:

Why isn't it enough for you to just choose not to give any money to a dedicated pro, living on the road hand to mouth, playing a sport that garners zero respect from the general public if your a male competitor (even less than if you're a female), a person who went from nearly dying in a horrific car crash that totaled your only means of transportation to jumping into the lead card of the most important tournament in your sport of the year and actually competing, thus providing, for me, what might be the best example of professionalism I've seen in pro sports in the last five years? Why isn't it enough that you chose not to donate to this person's cause? Why couldn't you just leave it at that? Why did you feel the need to lobby against this crowd funding effort? Why isn't it enough to just not want to help? Why do you not want anyone else reading your post to help either? Let me guess, you just don't want anyone on DGCR to get ripped off, right? L.O.L.

Anyway, nice attitude.

Oh look, somebody wants money and gets pissy when asked what for.

Nice attitude. I am sure you are showered in gifts regularely.

And yes, I donated to her. But posts like yours are just as pissy as the ones you complain about.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Yeah, that got my attention too. Getting their medical covered during transport to & from PDGA appearances must have been a benefit the players' union negotiated for the current CBA. The players' union must have hired Donald Fehr. Smart. That means their pensions are super fat too. #discgolfrich

I used to bag a 5x Champ Valkyrie and JK Pro Aviar X... Always got asked about my "girls" discs lol. Good times, good times.

Hey I have been to throw a Pink Diamond that is marketed towards women and children. I have no qualms about discs that market female players. But I am old, uncool and have almost zero ego. So I am not the real disc golf target market.

That's a minority sentiment. JK Aviar's didn't exactly sell like hotcakes.

JK had a signature pro valkyrie also. plenty of people bought JK aviars before they changed the plastic(just after r pro came out) but like any putter most are only going to buy them if they actually like putting with them. same as a Yeti

Anyway, nice attitude.

LOL, who are you ranting at?

Yeah, that got my attention too. Getting their medical covered during transport to & from PDGA appearances must have been a benefit the players' union negotiated for the current CBA. The players' union must have hired Donald Fehr. Smart. That means their pensions are super fat too. #discgolfrich

You might be able to comment on this more intelligently if you would read the policy. But then again, you might not be able to read that well.

You might be able to comment on this more intelligently if you would read the policy. But then again, you might not be able to read that well.

Can you provide a link?

I'd be astonished (in a good way) if PDGA has a policy in place that provides for medical expenses due to accidents that occur off the grounds of a DG event. Heck, I'd find it amazing if they cover medical expenses for accidents that occur while playing a DG event.

Maybe this coverage only applies to touring pros, or ?? :confused:

S
Sorry for being vague. The rant was directed to the people on this thread who are lobbying against the crowd funding effort for Sarah Hokom.

Yes, how DARE anyone wonder where they're money is actually going instead of just blindly throwing money at the first GoFundMe to pop up? How DARE they use the biggest, most widely used disc golf forum in an attempt to find answers? How DARE they not just give money when clearly the Worldwide economy is in an unprecedented boom where everyone but pro disc golfers has money in abundance?

And while we're at it, how DARE Paige Pierce not throw the biggest event in disc golf because her (possible) friend got in a car wreck?

**** man, get a grip.

I will say that I find it odd how little of a payout difference there is between 1st and 2nd place in FPO at Worlds. Granted their purse is smaller than MPO but the difference between 1st and 2nd in MPO is a couple thousand. In FPO it's a couple hundred. Definetly not enough to pay Sarah's medical bills and a new car though. Hopefully the person who caused the accident gets raked over the coals financially. Their insurance is going to be sucking paying for Sarah

'S vehicle AND the other vehicle that Sarah got pushed into.

I still think it's a great pure sports story for her to even get 2nd. And not by a little, either. She was pretty far ahead of Catrina in the end.