• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Say goodbye to 2009...Favorite Memories

Highlights:
Being able to play random doubles at Brackett's Bluff every Wednesday, esp in the dark for the last 3 holes on a random rainy night.
Finding out how much I truly love a flat top roc.
Being gifted the following: a CE TL, CE Eagle, and a proline Firebird by some really great friends.
Coming to the conclusion that I'm better off trying to cycle through some dx drivers like valks, wraiths and teebirds instead of buying the "better" plastic.
Getting a "par" on hole #16 at Hornet's Nest original layout for the first time.
Laughing every time I get to hole 8 at any course, to a chorus of "what" from my friends that don't frequent this site.
Reading Full Metal whatever it was by ChristynBill.
Laughing at BrotherDave's posts, good stuff man.

Lowlights:
The current situation at Brackett's Bluff.
Getting sucked into What is Par?
Seeing the mess that has become Scotland County DGC and getting no answers from P&R about it ever being made whole again.
Missing a 15' birdie putt on hole #16 at Hornet's Nest original, having never had "par" on the hole after 2 of the most incredible shots I've ever thrown.

Highs:

Throwing a driver for the first time after rehabbing my back. I can still see the shot in my mind.

Nailing an almost 100' approach. I can still see that one too.

Teaching a couple of newbs.

Reading the posts on this site.

Lows:

Watching my favorite tie dyed driver sail into a deep lake.

Not having the time to play or practice as much as I'd like to.

Not playing Lions Den. (The van screwed up and stranded us in Durango CO.)

Some highlights of 2009 for me:

Discovering this site and finding a place to share my passion for playing new courses and a place to share my thoughts on those courses.

Playing my first tournament (and 5 more) and having a blast.

Getting my first 3 real aces and 4 other "aces"

Introducing 6 new people to the sport who now have their own discs and play without me.

Roadtrips to the Idlewild and Flip City areas for some great disc golfing with the gf and dog.

My favorite memories:

Hitting my goal of 100 courses for the year by May.

Realizing that throwing over 300 consistantly is not that important if that just means I'll be overthrowning half the basket on most courses. Still can throw 300 but twos and threes are more important.

Having my new wife (Septmeber 2009, not my third) accompany me on adding Michicgan, Missouri, Iowa, Washington, and Canada to the list of places I play. Road trip to and from Charlotte already in the works for 2010. She loves playing to break up the ride. It's great.

Having my new wife (Septmeber 2009, not my third) accompany me on adding Michicgan, Missouri, Iowa, Washington, and Canada to the list of places I play. Road trip to and from Charlotte already in the works for 2010. She loves playing to break up the ride. It's great.

Do you have any idea how many men would give bodyparts to gain that blessing?

2009 for me will always be the year I graduated from college and moved to Texas.

DG related
just the great new people I am always meeting out there.

yes you were

Most users ever online was 206, 11-03-2009 at 09:04 PM.
prerube, #19325, 815RocSolid, bigron1967, billnchristy, booter, bquick222, BrotherDave, captain jack, Cgkdisc, ChaseTheAce, chronicatm, craftsman, discjon, DiscJunkie, djjeremiahj, DSCJNKY, DutchViking, edward felcohands, frolf4444, GLong, grass_stain, Hamilton, harr0140, Hippy, hogleggbob, homebrew, jaj040, Jay Dub, jdggna, Jimb, jkdisc, Joey Ingle, jtb06290, Kwick, mambrose, mashnut

Those are two separate things -- we figured this out a while back. Most users ever online is one entry, then everyone below that is a list of everyone that is CURRENTLY online -- not at the time of "the most ever". :clap:

ahhh yeah, but didnt someone take a screenshot of when the most users were online?

Those are two separate things -- we figured this out a while back. Most users ever online is one entry, then everyone below that is a list of everyone that is CURRENTLY online -- not at the time of "the most ever". :clap:

good to know, thanks

I like to compare the downfall of 80played to "Casey at the Bat". It's not really a good analogy but I'm tired and he got 3 strikes.

Latest posts