• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scenic Courses

Well, when the college girls at Winthrop University lay out in their bikinis in the summertime on the fairway of hole #5 (Winny Gold) I think that is kinda "scenic".....

Stafford Lake, Novato CA (Golden Hills studded with Oak Trees, rock outcroppings and a lake)

Whistlers Bend, Roseburg OR (Jade green river surrounded by beautiful mountains with mixed forests and balds, rock outcroppings and greenery).

Arizona Snowbowl, Flagstaff AZ (Huge 9000' elevation mountain views).

Area 74, Humboldt CA (Redwoods and meadows mixed with the character of an old junkyard - RIP)

Ashe County, Jefferson NC (Dave242's Appalachian Mountain beauty definitely applies here)

Others too. These are just my top 5.
DSCJNKY

Im gonna have to bust out Winter Park in Kewaunee, WI. Very scenic views from top of the hill looking out at the Kewaunee river valley. Super chill spot....

I think the most scenically interesting course I have played is Winter Park in Kewaunee, WI. This is how I described it in my review:
The beauty of this course is absolutely stunning! What is even more amazing is that it has 5 (or more) distinct "feels" that are all absolutely stunning: Tahoe-esque trails, dense prairie grass areas, northwood pinestands (where you can peek out into cornfields - knee high by the 4th of July, baby!), Appalachian beauty, and New England-eqsue manicured grass complete with split rail snake style fencing. It is so cool how you transition from one to the next and feel like you have walked into a whole new world each time. The view of Lake Michigan from the top of the ski slope and the fish hatchery ponds are a nice added bonus….too bad the pond is no longer in play! Regarding seclusion, at least 16 of the holes (of 27 total) have you feeling nicely off in nature…..which is more than you can ask for on any 18-hole course!

Wow! You both beat Superberry to the punch. Good job guys! BTW I will put in a vote for Winter Park as well.

The combo of Phantom Falls in Pine, CO and Beaver Ranch in Conifer Colorado, the "Dirty 50". If you add the backdoor drive from the Phantom to Beaver Ranch DGC along the south platt river, 2nd to NONE!!

I have yet to get to Phantom Falls, that is on my list for sure, but Beaver Ranch/Conifer is tops so far. High in the mountains, great views, what more could you want?

Mt. Bachelor has some amazing views of the Oregon Cascades, it has to be the most scenic I've played...

Damn DSCJNKY beat me to it, but the views at Arizona Snowbowl are amazing.

Attachments

• Picture 053.jpg
    Picture 053.jpg
    157 KB · Views: 43
  • Picture 049.jpg
    Picture 049.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 39
  • Picture 043.jpg
    Picture 043.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 37
Cali

Here is a vote for Lake Casitas, Coyote Point DGC
Coyote Point DGC.jpg

And another for DeLavega
Delavega.jpg

For myself: Solitude in Utah, Maple Hill in MA, Black Course at Grand Vue in WV, Waterworks hole #1 in KC, DeLavega in CA, hole #15 at Moraine in PA, Beast in MI with views of Lake Michigan, Flip City for the rock gradens and both Rum Village and Wilson Pk in IND where you can see Notre Dame's Golden Dome!

Giants Ridge in Northern MN

4882334118_5dd2a3fa1a.jpg

My nominees in the Urban subcategory:

Hampton Park, the annual temporary course in Charleston, SC. A garden park with enormous live oaks, concrete pools and fountains, and a tee in a huge gazebo.

Fountain Hills.

My nominee in the Beautiful Fairways subcategory (where only the actual playing area is considered):

Sugaree in Linville, NC. A mountain course where you have few views over the surrounding landscape, but the fairways are in beautiful woods with amazing rock outcrops. A wooded course where none of the fairways have been worn down to mud & roots.

Damn you Texas and your flat geographical bull****. Great courses here, but none as scenic as the ones described here. I think the most scenic I've played in Texas is Lindsey Park Gold.

That Makes 4 people that love the views at Winter Park in Kewaunee,WI..... and we know that superberry will make it number 6 for sure.... also noted that stafford lake is getting lots of love too

Wow! You both beat Superberry to the punch. Good job guys! BTW I will put in a vote for Winter Park as well.

Winter Park (in WI of course)!!

Aspen Mountain was full of awesome views, better than Winter Park CO.

The extinct Gran Canyon Course north of Tampa was entirely unique and full of those good Florida bugs and whatnot due to the seclusion.

The Highbridge complex is full of amazing views on every course (even a few great views on Woodland Greens).

Damn you Texas and your flat geographical bull****. Great courses here, but none as scenic as the ones described here. I think the most scenic I've played in Texas is Lindsey Park Gold.

Yes, we live in a pretty flat area, but New Mexico is only a few hours away. Several of the ski-hill courses are only 280 miles from my house. Sipapu, Taos, Red River, and Angel Fire all have courses now. The Southern part of the state also has courses in Ruidoso, Cloudcroft, and Weed.

Good scenery abounds!

Chattooga Belle Farm is an incredibly scenic course. You can see mountains in a few states from atop the tee boxes. The rolling hills offer great views of the vinyards, apple trees, and the new barn. Top-of-the-world stuff.

9c04de47.jpg

d70e96b1.jpg

Mars Hill is also great, up in the North Carolina mountains. Plays a lot in the woods, but when you get a view, it's a great one.
c472eb86.jpg

Latest posts