• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scenic Courses

Schenley Park has a pretty cool view of the Pittsburgh skyline.

These people are just about on top of the first tee:

ivy-vo-pics-july-aug09-144-small.jpg

This photo looks to be from the fairway of hole 2 (albeit at night):

pittsburghskyline.com_fall07_26.jpg

Austin ridge bible church dgc has an amazing view of the surrounding area. best view in texas disc golf that i have played.

Brandywine in De is nice. I recently played Buck Creek east of Dayton. You walk up the hill to 13s basket, turn around and see the lake, that's a pretty nice view.

This is a tough one, several of the courses that I've played in the last 3 weeks have had incredible views, most of them in Colorado. The most incredible view I've seen recently though :)wall: The one time I didn't bring my camera on the course, or my phone for that matter, never make that mistake again), The Uinta Mountains, in the background of Creekside in SLC, with a full rainbow encircling them, with lightning seeming coming from the rainbow, that was incredible.

i like the scenery i'm not used to, traveling to different states you get to see different wildlife and greenery

One place I drove by last week but couldn't play cause it was past the 3pm deadline to take the lift up. But Blue Mountain-Skyline Park course in PA looked like it had some incredible views from the top of the hill/mountain. I really wish I had a chance to play this one.....

Show me the water

Great thread and thanks for those who posted the cool pix! Great scenery is definitely one of the nicer parts of the game. Going through this thread, I couldn't help but notice a LOT of:
1) elevation changes
2) water
I'm not saying you can't have scenery without them, but they really enhance the look and feel of almost any course. I love sweeping vistas, or elevated tees that have you throwing through tree tops, but you gotta love the look water lends to a course, even if it's not actually part of the course. Case in point:
Beauty Beast & Goliath in Ludington MI overlooking Lake Michigan

Hole 1 on The Beast gets my vote!!:hfive:

Last edited:
water is my favorite aspect

Great thread and thanks for those who posted the cool pix! Great scenery is definitely one of the nicer parts of the game. Going through this thread, I couldn't help but notice a LOT of:
1) elevation changes
2) water
I'm not saying you can't have scenery without them, but they really enhance the look and feel of almost any course. I love sweeping vistas, or elevated tees that have you throwing through tree tops, but you gotta love the look water lends to a course, even if it's not actually part of the course. Case in point:

Hole 1 on The Beast gets my vote!!:hfive:

My beefs with the beauty of Beast/Goliath is the park road that feels very obtrusive in the natural beauty of that course, and that huge dam that runs along the backside of the course is always lurking/looming reminding you that you are not really "away". I guess I am a fan of natural beauty......feeling removed from civilization.

There are some amazingly beautiful spots on those courses, and I think the woods of Beauty are really beautiful (as in Appalachian beauty!). One of my coolest awe-inspiring memories in recent playing history was being here and when getting ready to throw I look up the fairway and see a deer just ambling across the top of the hill. Between the birch & fir trees at the tee, the grassy meadow and the deer.....it was an amazing Kodak moment.

45f3f8cb.jpg

I've been thinking about this since this thread first popped up, but I think that scenic beauty is what the Charlotte area lacks in terms of DG courses. You've got Renny, built on an old landfill, with an ugly powerline running through the course, and Kilbourne, Elon, and Nevin, which have a scrubby look about them, then Sugaw in the hood, with God knows what you're gonna run across off the fairway. I think that's one thing that keeps a couple of the Charlotte courses from being in the top 10 on this site. Even Winthrop, which looks good in photos, ain't that pretty (at least to me) with my feet on the ground there. (too much goose crap)

Thinking about it now, some of the prettiest courses I've played were in Florida. Here's the view near the first tee at Maximo Park/Tocobaga

attachment.php

Attachments

• Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    153.4 KB · Views: 93
I've been thinking about this since this thread first popped up, but I think that scenic beauty is what the Charlotte area lacks in terms of DG courses. You've got Renny, built on an old landfill, with an ugly powerline running through the course, and Kilbourne, Elon, and Nevin, which have a scrubby look about them, then Sugaw in the hood, with God knows what you're gonna run across off the fairway. I think that's one thing that keeps a couple of the Charlotte courses from being in the top 10 on this site.

Yup - that does knock things down in my rating (2.5-.5 discs) on those courses. There are some truly beautiful spots on each of those courses (Sugaw not so much), but they are too few and far between. Both Reedy & Hornet's Nest are better in the beauty department (and seclusion - Nest back 9).

My beefs with the beauty of Beast/Goliath is the park road that feels very obtrusive in the natural beauty of that course, and that huge dam that runs along the backside of the course is always lurking/looming reminding you that you are not really "away". ]
Can't fault you on that point.

There are some amazingly beautiful spots on those courses, and I think the woods of Beauty are really beautiful (as in Appalachian beauty!). One of my coolest awe-inspiring memories in recent playing history was being here and when getting ready to throw I look up the fairway and see a deer just ambling across the top of the hill. Between the birch & fir trees at the tee, the grassy meadow and the deer.....it was an amazing Kodak moment.

Have to agree, it's really neat to come across wild life on the course. Which has me thinking about another thread...Critter's on the course you ran into...

Yup - that does knock things down in my rating (2.5-.5 discs) on those courses. There are some truly beautiful spots on each of those courses (Sugaw not so much), but they are too few and far between. Both Reedy & Hornet's Nest are better in the beauty department (and seclusion - Nest back 9).

Yeah, Reedy's probably the best looking course in Charlotte. Even still, there's a bit of erosion going on on most of the fairways that detracts from the beauty. Hornet's nest isn't bad, but you've got the sewer right of way (or what ever it is) on the back nine. (Holes 12, 15, and 18)

Don't get me wrong they're all great courses, but they ain't pretty.

Zephyr Cove, NV (Lake Tahoe). This is an amazing course, full of huge topography and long disc golf holes (numerous 450'+ bombs) through forests...

DSC_0104.jpg

I'm not sure why it isn't in the top 10 list.