• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Schusterick’s New Venture

So a question for those who have subscribed, how long, & how many videos did you get for the $9?

Can anyone else answer this question? I signed up and see one ~20min video. Must be doing something wrong.
-It says beginner "series."
-The promotional video shows an overall time in the lower corner of ~1hr 40min.
-I'd be surprised people are giving favorable reviews if it's just one 22min video.

I haven't given up on Will. He has many years left to revive his game and may one day be back on top. One thing I know though is that on the disc golf course he could annihilate almost every active poster on this forum. And isn't that what it really comes down to.

I haven't given up on Will. He has many years left to revive his game and may one day be back on top. One thing I know though is that on the disc golf course he could annihilate almost every active poster on this forum. And isn't that what it really comes down to.

No, it comes down to him not being able to annihilate the same players he had in the past. Every active poster on here is not a top tier pro like he once was. I honestly think he just has too much on his plate. When he was at the top of his game, he really had nothing to worry about. He was sponsored by Innova and really just played disc golf. Now, he is involved with the business side of disc golf (with Prodigy), got married, which is a stressful time, and now is doing his instruction videos. I think he sees it's probably time to make an impact on the game in a different way than trying to compete with the top pros who dedicate every second of their lives to playing disc golf.

Watch it now. It's been scientifically proven that marriage has no effect on a player's game.

Back to the DGI topic:

$8.99 for a 22 minute beginner video. Appropriate for stand and deliver backhand basics for someone making their first trip to the course. Covers grip, power stance, reach back, follow through, approach shots and putting. All in 22 min. Nothing else.

Other topics in this thread, (i.e. x-step, keeping your head down (or not)), none of that is discussed in this video.

Was expecting more.

I am one of the worst soccer players in the history of man.
But I can coach and teach anyone to pretty good success.

That said, and maybe I am being harsh here, but what do Will's videos offer that the Beato videos don't ? Isn't this stuff all over youtube?

I might be willing to fork over the cash for some better production value - funny how the most lauded instruction videos in DG, the ones that I and many others have bookmarked to revisit every season and recommend to beginners, are filmed on a cell phone.

Smashboxx said that he's got more stuff "in the can" which could mean it is in some state of post production or even complete.
Think of it like a musical artist, you might have two or three albums worth of material but you don't release everything at once so you don't outpace your market

I don't like that Will is trying to get money for something that we debate and discuss here on a daily basis for free... There's so much information out there on form and timing and drills, why would someone want to bottle one perspective and try to sell it? seems ridiculous to me. Seems desperate.. Then again, I haven't won 3 USDGC's... so what do i know.

There's so much information out there on form and timing and drills, why would someone want to bottle one perspective and try to sell it?

Then again, I haven't won 3 USDGC's... so what do i know.

That's the point, isn't it? His form is amazing and he's a great teacher. Coupled with high quality production, it looks like a winning combination.

The best videos out there are cell phone videos, often with bad audio and/or shot in bad lighting, made by amateurs. If nothing else, the overlays, multiple angles etc help get Will's point across much more quickly and clearly. Whether this particular instance of such a video is worth 9$ is another matter, but you can't say that the market is saturated on this front.

By the way, I think the video that's out now is too basic for my needs, but the one thing I won't complain about is the length. It's better to be clear and concise than to drone on for 10 minutes while saying not much at all about the actual subject of the video. I hate that the Wadsworth Constant is a thing.

With TONS of free great advise from many, many different pro disc golfers. I can't imagine my self paying for this. Might be worth it to someone else but there is too much out there for free. I can't imagine what he could tell me for a fee, that Feldburg, Climo, Mcbeth or Wysocki haven't told me with the videos I've watched of them giving advise on form. to each there own

I don't like that Will is trying to get money for something that we debate and discuss here on a daily basis for free... There's so much information out there on form and timing and drills, why would someone want to bottle one perspective and try to sell it? seems ridiculous to me. Seems desperate.. Then again, I haven't won 3 USDGC's... so what do i know.

Why so much hate for someone working to make the sport better? You think that Feldberg tells everything in his free clinics? No, he charges for private lessons, as he SHOULD!.
Cam Tood has a video out that isnt free, so does Climo/Feldburg.

High quality videos have to have a profit motive or they will never be made.

Me, I am happy that Will is doing this.

Then don't give him any of your money and move on with your life?

https://discgolf.ultiworld.com/2018/01/22/schusterick-opts-skip-las-vegas-challenge-memorial/ Just saw this. Kinda sad. You'd think it would've been a good opportunity to promote his new video series.

If he's still too hurt to play competitively, how would he go about promoting his business venture at these events? Just showing up and hanging out probably won't generate the business to pay for his travel expenses. It's not as though the am sides of these tournaments are ripe with new players who are in need of instruction. Even if they were, he could probably reach more of them with a $100 ad in the player program/caddy book than spending hundreds to be there himself.

If he's still too hurt to play competitively, how would he go about promoting his business venture at these events? Just showing up and hanging out probably won't generate the business to pay for his travel expenses. It's not as though the am sides of these tournaments are ripe with new players who are in need of instruction. Even if they were, he could probably reach more of them with a $100 ad in the player program/caddy book than spending hundreds to be there himself.

Fair point. I mean, he wasn't injured enough to stop him from filming those clinics. That and I'm sure a lot of people would've love to opportunity to talk to him about his new venture and interview him. Not that they can't down the road, but since he just launched, it would be better timing.

Why so much hate for someone working to make the sport better? You think that Feldberg tells everything in his free clinics? No, he charges for private lessons, as he SHOULD!.
Cam Tood has a video out that isnt free, so does Climo/Feldburg.

High quality videos have to have a profit motive or they will never be made.

Me, I am happy that Will is doing this.

Whoa easy there pal, no hate here... And if people are looking for instruction and want to pay for it be my guest. :thmbup: I mean it's only what $8? I'm not some Will S hater.. in fact I have watched his youtube videos extensively and learned much from him. I owe him one. I can respect his work with Prodigy and trying to promote his brand. That's what disc golfers have to do to make a living. But this... I don't like it, and who cares what I think.. no one. SO i'll not give him my money and carry on with my sad internet existence :popcorn:

Latest posts