• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Score Tracking

stuart_test

Par Member
Hey guys,

I'm not sure how many of you visit my site but I just finished a new round/score tracker that I thought some people here might be into. You can take a peek at my profile at the link below to get an idea of what it looks like:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/scorebook.php?mid=1

The scores, etc. I have in their are bogus as I've been doing a lot of testing trying to nail down any bugs I could find. If you're already a member there please feel free to give it a test run, submit a few rounds and tell me what you think. I will probably integrate the scores into the course info pages.. something like Recent Rounds but I don't have plans for any sort of leaderboard since I think it would encourage some of the less honorable people to put in phony scores just to be on top.

I will be clearing out all scores/stats in the next day or two after testing is complete so don't start putting in all your rounds just yet ;)

If you have a few minutes to come and take a look I'd appreciate it.

Thanks Dan.. if you notice any issues with the scoring please let me know. I'm going to try and put it through it's paces tomorrow.

Just an update, I played with the scoring for a while this morning, fixed a couple of minor issues and it would seem it's good to go. So if you'd like to start recording your rounds then go for it :)

Great addition!

Just a question, when we enter the par for each hole, does it mess with other people's pars? I'm a beginner and usually play par 4s instead of par 3s. When I enter that in the system, will other people be able to put in their own par 3s?

The pars/distances on each scorecard are independent of any other pars/distances on the site so you can adjust the numbers without worrying about having that effect anybody else.

If you choose a tee where the site has existing distance/par in the Hole Info. section of the course it will autofill that info on the scorecard. You can still change those and it won't actually change the information on the site, only that specific scorecard.

So now that I gave the long drawn out answer, the short answer is no, it doesn't mess with other people's pars and yes, they'll still be able to add their own pars :)

Latest posts