• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scott Stokely 2014 Throwing Clinics - Which Courses Should I Choose?

scottstokely

After a 13 year break from disc golf I've decided to hit the road again and bring back the "National Champion Scott Stokely's Disc Golf Throwing Clinics" at 75 courses around the US and Canada. At each event I will provide a FREE throwing clinic teaching both basic and advanced disc golf techniques . After each clinic will be an optional round of random draw doubles with small entry fee.

WHAT I'M TRYING TO FIND OUT

1. Which courses or regions could I expect the largest turnouts
2. Who is the contact person at that course

--------------------------------------------------

EVENT DETAILS

*** Each event will include a 1 hour throwing clinic followed by 1 round of random draw doubles.
*** The throwing clinic will be completelyFREE and everyone is welcome.
*** Doubles is optional and will cost $10-$15.
*** I am looking for recreational players as well as league/tournament players.
*** I will market at the event course as well as the surrounding courses so I'm looking for both the most active courses as well as the most active regions.
*** These events are a great opportunity to market the sport in your city and I will work with local media and help in any way I can

MY RESUME

1995-1998 - World Record for the longest throw (656' 6" - Discraft X-Clone)
1998-2000 - World Record for the longest throw (693' 3" - Discraft XL)
2000-Current - World record for the longest siderarm throw
2000-Current - World record for the fastest throw
17 World and National Disc Golf Titles:
*** 2 World pairs titles
*** 2 World mi/xed-pairs titles
*** 2 US Open Titles
*** 4 National pairs titles
*** 2 National Tough Shot Titles
*** 2 World Distance Titles
*** 2 US Open Distance Titles
37 State Titles in Disc Golf, Distance, DDC, MTA, Accuracy and Freestyle

Charlotte would be one I'd imagine, I'm not sure who exactly you should get a hold of. Stan McDaniel perhaps.

Twin Cities for sure. My vote is Blue Ribbon Pines. They have a website if you want to call them. You could do two clinics here, one in the North Metro and one South. Maybe Kaposia would work for the Southern.

Good timing for the Twin Cities might be either Sunday, July 27th, day after Am Worlds Finals or maybe Friday, July 18th the day before Am Worlds weekend activities kick off.

I read your resume and out of curiosity how long is your world record in sidearm throw and how fast is your world record in fastest throw?

Wish you would come to Charleston, SC or somewhere close for sure. I am also curious if you will offer private instruction. Good to hear you are back.

Welcome back. I have fine memories of attending your putting clinic at the 2001 Worlds.

Augusta, GA and Charlotte, NC should probably be on your itinerary---both hotbeds of disc golf and less than 3 hours apart.

In Augusta, you could of course use the IDGC, but the Hippodrome might be better. It's a private course; John Borelli has Killer B disc golf store on site (and would be the contact); and the course starts with a wide-open driving range.

Any thought on the types of courses you're looking for? The "championship" grade courses might be too much if you're looking for a broad spectrum of players to attend, and some all-wooded courses may not have a good place to demonstrate long drives.

Lehigh Valley PA area has some great courses and people...

1998-2000 - World Record for the longest throw (693' 3" - Discraft XL)

stokely_zpscd48af7a.jpeg

p.s. Hi Scott!

Rockford, IL Anna Page Park (3 courses)

G.R.A.B.M disc golf club. Contact Scott Franke

see website in my Sig below.

Thanks!
Doug

Rochester has the 40th Annual RFDO that's the final NT of the year. We have Ams on Aug 9-10 and Pros Sep 5-7. There will be a crowd here either weekend and if you are interested in getting in on the festivities I'd contact Tony Inzana, PM me for his contact information.

Somewhere in Michigan! I think Flip City would be awesome. It would be a great atmosphere and I think disc golfers from all around that area would make the trip. I know I sure would.

Hiestand park in Madison WI. Any time of the year and if advertised well you could expect 50-100 people possibly more. Glide pro shop across the street would help I'm sure, Mike may even contact you on this website(he frequently is on here). Ill let him know and hope to see you.

Dallas-Fort Worth is a must. Such a big hotbed a lot of us locals are brainstorming ways to cut back on sanctioned PDGA events. In 2013 there were 44 tournaments in the DFW Metroplex. Could probably support two swings through.

Hiestand park in Madison WI. Any time of the year and if advertised well you could expect 50-100 people possibly more. Glide pro shop across the street would help I'm sure, Mike may even contact you on this website(he frequently is on here). Ill let him know and hope to see you.

Way ahead of you Tom!

Welcome back Scott!!!

Prob 2 stops in NC would likely be successful. Triangle area (Ral/Dur/Chapel Hill) and Charlotte. The key will be catching the right day due to the amount of league play during the week. Good contacts would be Chuck Connelly of Spike Hyzer or Robert Leonard for the triangle and Charlotte dgc. Sounds cool, hope it works out.

Prob 2 stops in NC would likely be successful. Triangle area (Ral/Dur/Chapel Hill) and Charlotte. The key will be catching the right day due to the amount of league play during the week. Good contacts would be Chuck Connelly of Spike Hyzer or Robert Leonard for the triangle and Charlotte dgc. Sounds cool, hope it works out.

Who?

If you're following the NT schedule, we have an A-Tier on Toronto Islands the weekend after the RFDO.

Bronte Creek Provincial Park and Christie Lake Conservation Area are two very active courses that are central to the disc golf population in Ontario, and right on the route between NY & MI. Feel free to contact me at [email protected] for those two.

Tulsa or OKC metro! W went to 2 of them you did there and had the biggest improvements in my game after those

Latest posts