• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Scott Stokley's forehand form

I've been to a Stokely clinic and heard that lecture, also watched on his video numerous times. I think his description of the "frisbee" throw has some merit but maybe for a different reason.

The Madden video shows the throw occurring with the release later, hips square and weight or pressure forward, either with crow hop or shuffle. The Stokely demonstration of the wrong throw has the release with the arm way back near the back leg. On the course yesterday I saw someone repeatedly do it that way. The hips start sideways and never do square up, and elbow never gets much forward. He had pretty good wrist snap and made some decent shaped shots but not real far.

I've been trying to do it Stokely's way, but that side lean is easy with the hips sideways, and extremely difficult with them forward, at least for me.

I'm still at that stage trying to get a clean "flick" of the wrist. I know I want to extend that to a full throw, but when I go for a full throw, I usually lose my wrist snap and it quacks for 100' and hits the ground. But, I'm continuing to practice to try to develop the full throw with follow through. On the course, I only throw FH as a utility throw under 150 and it is still hit or miss.

If Scott Stokley threw more conventional sidewards.....does he threw as far as he does as his form?