• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Seattle Trip

waylonmock

I'm coming to Seattle on April 25th and staying 'til April 30th. I want to play at least 5 courses while I'm in town. If anyone would like to meet up with me and show me some of the local courses, I'd be greatful. My email in [email protected]. Thanks!

I'm coming to Seattle on April 25th and staying 'til April 30th. I want to play at least 5 courses while I'm in town. If anyone would like to meet up with me and show me some of the local courses, I'd be greatful. My email in [email protected]. Thanks!

Was just there in January - SeaTac is a must, and Lakewood King County is fun as well. If I'd had more time I would have checked out Mineral Springs as well.

Seattle has great bus service to take you near any of the above.

Enjoy!

Lakewood, SeaTac, and White River were my favorites. Terrace Creek was pretty good too. If you don't mind going a little north, Lake Stevens is worth a stop just to play the very unique baskets.

If you decide to hop on the ferry there are some great courses around bremerton, NAD park, Bud Pell, Shelton Springs

I'm in seattle, seatac is the best course in the city, a little ghetto and you will probably need a guide. Lakewood, Terrace and White river are worth a stop. Shelton and the courses in bremerton are worth a drive and the Ferry is good to get out and see the sound. Mineral springs is OK, a little tiny course, but it is 9 holes played from slightly different teepads or pin positions. Don't play on weekends or new players will hit you while sharing the same fairway with 3 other holes. It is good to play during the week when few people are there.
I will honestly disagree about lake stevens, the baskets are complete crap. If you can park a hole within 4 feet and be forced to take a 3, it is BS.

Lakewood, SeaTac, and White River were my favorites. Terrace Creek was pretty good too. If you don't mind going a little north, Lake Stevens is worth a stop just to play the very unique baskets.

InnocentCrook is correct about our unique baskets at Lake Stevens (no gimmies for sure) ~ if you decide to hit Lake Stevens shoot a PM my direction ~ I'd be glad to meet you there for a round.

So i still have awhile before my trip but I think just reading the few different threads I will be playing seatac as my hotel is by airport and course is only 3 miles away. My question is we are coming at the end of August, and I was told it stays light til almost 11p. Is that true?

^^^By the end of August it will only be light till 9:30-10:00 pm in Seattle. In mid-June it gets light at 4:30 am and doesn't get dark till 11:00 pm.

I'm in seattle, seatac is the best course in the city, a little ghetto and you will probably need a guide.

I will defend your course by saying that my girlfriend and I found our way around just fine using the map in the links. The only tee pad we had a little trouble finding was #10, but we figured it out.

Seatac is definitely a must play. The only other "Seattle area" course I've played so far is NAD park and I found it very enjoyable. I don't know if I'd take the ferry over just to play that one course, but if you can hit a couple courses over there it would probably be worth it.

Last edited:
Lakewood and Seatac should keep you plenty busy if your kinda stuck in the Seattle area. If you can venture out I'd suggest driving right past white river and hit up Fort Steillicoom two 18 hole courses and one little 9 holer in one stop. New tee signs so navigating the course is easier than it has ever been. All three Bremerton courses (NAD, Bud Pell, and Fairgrounds) are all about 10 mins apart and all great. Then there is Shelton Springs it'll be a bit of a haul from Seattle but well worth it

One traveling blowout day...

Start with:
NADLogoComp.png

Then Go to:

Fairgrounds%20logo%20practicecrop.png

unless you thought NAD had too many trees, in which you would go here next:

Bud%20Pell%20Poster%20Establlished%20poster.jpg

But the day is only complete when you play all three.

Save this one for a separate day:
SheltonGrab.jpg

One traveling blowout day...

Start with:
NADLogoComp.png

Then Go to:

Fairgrounds%20logo%20practicecrop.png

unless you thought NAD had too many trees, in which you would go here next:

Bud%20Pell%20Poster%20Establlished%20poster.jpg

But the day is only complete when you play all three.

Save this one for a separate day:
SheltonGrab.jpg

Nice, B !!!!!

Last edited:
Lake Fennewick in Kent/Renton area and White River in Auburn are great great courses too. Fennewick is very tight and technical with a lot of elevation change. White River is more open but still majority wooded shots. Both very fun. Seatac is good as well.

Here's my list of courses reachable within a day from seattle with my own priority. Lot's of other great courses mentioned, these are just what's on my list.

SeattleDGCourses.png

Here's my list of courses reachable within a day from seattle with my own priority. Lot's of other great courses mentioned, these are just what's on my list.

SeattleDGCourses.png

I agree with this except, because Lakewood is missing the cool water holes, 9 and 10, making you play 2 overlap holes from the old layout, I think it suffers a little.
I would put Seatac first. Seatac is playing better than ever right now, no lakes on 18, no snakes on 13.

^Last sunday in the monthly tourney at Lakewood there were 20 holes. No duplicates. Old 1,2 and 5 are reversed for the most part.

SeaTac could very well have an additional nine installed by the time you get here. Definitely worth a stop. Shoot me a PM when you're here and I'll be happy to play a few courses with you. I'll only make you look better :D.