• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Secret Disc Golf Courses

is Roc talking about Shawshank?

No. Roc is talking about "Nelson's place" He did have one "open invite" event this year. It is farther than 20 minutes chopz.

Shawshank is listed on this site. I think Dufrain is fairly open to having guests if given notice.

I have heard of a few private courses in my area. Just a few minutes from de la in Santa Cruz is Shafer park, which is a church retreat usually but has a 26 hole course and they have charity events there. Locally its known as Disney land because of the crazy atmosphere and lots of home made baskets (ones a modified toilet, another is a basketball hoop.) Also Shafer has rings you can throw through on the fairway for minus strokes. I have played it once and cant wait for the next charity event there.

No. Roc is talking about "Nelson's place" He did have one "open invite" event this year. It is farther than 20 minutes chopz.

Shawshank is listed on this site. I think Dufrain is fairly open to having guests if given notice.

yeah that is farther than 20 minutes, thanks

there's one about 35 miles from me in goochland county va that only about 5 people have access to- full 18 with dga baskets.

Was Hawk Hollow ever considered a secret course? I know it's somewhat secret with no published directions and such, but I'm really glad that you make it available for people so long as they go through the proper channels.

I have heard of a few private courses in my area. Just a few minutes from de la in Santa Cruz is Shafer park, which is a church retreat usually but has a 26 hole course and they have charity events there. Locally its known as Disney land because of the crazy atmosphere and lots of home made baskets (ones a modified toilet, another is a basketball hoop.) Also Shafer has rings you can throw through on the fairway for minus strokes. I have played it once and cant wait for the next charity event there.

That one sounds like a realy fun course. Even if I don't get the chance to play it, I might steal some of the ideas (the rings in the fairway sounds like a realy good one) for private courses I design in the future.:D

i "hear" carolina has quite a few..i really can't blame people for wanting to keep a course a secret with all the morons who don't respect others property or mother nature

I just heard about a secret course in my area. Luckily I know the owner who has another private course with much more publicity. Hopefully I'll get to play the secret one at some point.

there's one about 35 miles from me in goochland county va that only about 5 people have access to- full 18 with dga baskets.

There's one like that here in Humboldt, that I am occasonaly privleged (sp?) enough to play. It is 18 holes, all Mach III's, and most holes have been geting concrete teepads. But it is behind a locked gate, then up a long road, so only a very limited # of people can play it, even though it might be the best course in the county. :rolleyes:

i "hear" carolina has quite a few..i really can't blame people for wanting to keep a course a secret with all the morons who don't respect others property or mother nature

That's for sure. Quite a few of the private courses that arn't listed around here, keep them that way to keep the disrespectful people out. Plus on quite a few they like to leave discs lieing around, and most people seam to just pick up discs that they see on courses.

Was Hawk Hollow ever considered a secret course? I know it's somewhat secret with no published directions and such, but I'm really glad that you make it available for people so long as they go through the proper channels.

never really been a secret- we had a supertour there only a few months after it went in. since we have livestock down there i like to keep up with who's playing when though, therefore no published directions.

There's one like that here in Humboldt, that I am occasonaly privleged (sp?) enough to play. It is 18 holes, all Mach III's, and most holes have been geting concrete teepads. But it is behind a locked gate, then up a long road, so only a very limited # of people can play it, even though it might be the best course in the county. :rolleyes:

is that one horse mountain? a guy who works for me here in va has played it and says it's great if so. feldberg also told me that it's great.

"What about the super secret moon course?"
LOL!!

Yep, that's where I got my longest drive ever--broke 400' (even if just barely)finally!

is that one horse mountain? a guy who works for me here in va has played it and says it's great if so. feldberg also told me that it's great.

The one I was talking about there wasn't Horse, I'm not even alowed to post the name of the one that I'm talking about. Horse is a stick course, and probably is the best course in Humboldt, but very secret. There are quite a few locals that don't even know it. There are good reasons that it's keept a secret too; it's near imposible to find your way around on if you don't have a guide, there are alot of long holes that you can't come close to seeing the target from the tee, and most importantly its an archeology (sp?) site.

I wonder when Dave played it. When I asked him about it at the Bigfoot afterparty, he said that he hadn't played it yet. I was planing on taking him out there after the Heave if there's time.

That is part of the reason that we keep some of our courses so secret. We know if we loose a disc out there, it will either be there next time, or if someone finds it, they know you and won't take your disc. Plus it sucks to be out on a course and have some jerks out there throwing, that are acting like total DB's.

last time I played a private course i found 2 discs with out names, but the person who ran the course knew whose they were and described them with out seeing them.

My dad has 240 acres in northern wisconsin, basically only used for deer hunting. I could make a course out there plenty of room for 18, maybe 36. But then again i'd have to shell out a gazillion dollars for baskets, cut down 20+ acres worth of fairways, and maintain it every year. Itd be about an hour from highbridge and about 30 mins from sandy point. And i live 5.5 hours away. Maybe i wont make a course there.

Latest posts