• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Secrets about your course.

Yeah it's even listed on here, but I've never even bothered to check it out in the years I've played at Riverside. As far as the original layout, it could very well be true. I don't know if I've ever even seen anyone throwing discs where those holes are supposed to be. :doh:

I'm just not a fan of posts courses.....that's why I don't like Johnson Park, well that and the tall grass that swallows discs up for a good 15 minutes at a time.

Riverside (south) is actually an 18 hole pole course (though some of the poles and signs are missing) that isn't actually that bad of a course for a pole course.

also, there is a gravestone at Flip City between the fairways of 7 and 13... in the "starfish" of stones...not sure the story on this one.

There are the remnants of an old piece of "disc art" hanging in a tree above #11 tee at Kilborne Park. Hardly recognizable any more, but it was a bird once upon a time.

Just found out about this one today. At the Morristown Kiwanis DGC you can throw off the back of #8's tee to #15's basket for a really fun hole. I was playing this course for the first time today and I did it by accident. So it was pretty cool.

"Hole 19" at Castle Hayne tees off at the corner of the baseball field where the dirt patch is and plays to #9's basket.

I took this picture today. This is the bench for hole #13 at Sertoma Field in Walhalla, SC. You can see where the CHAINSAW man took his chainsaw to the bench. That was right before he chased those two Clemson students off of the course.

SHAMELESS PLUG - The Annual CHAINSAW Classic is Sunday November 20th. Full color buzz or drifit shirt to all preregistered AMs. Lunch included in registration fee for all players.

Attachments

• IMAG0110.jpg
    IMAG0110.jpg
    138.7 KB · Views: 106
Hole 14's fairway at Inlcine Village NV has a yellow jackets hive I just found. They got me in the head,arm, and leg. Dam things hurt.

I got nothing. I suck. But great thread brotherdave. Kudos to you.

Oh wait, I know where a long stick is hidden to help in disc retrieval at the pond at Buckhorn!! It's saved me a few times. If you use it, please replace it. Look to the woods and if you are worthy it will appear. If you can't find it, you have bad disc karma.

I got nothing. I suck. But great thread brotherdave. Kudos to you.

Oh wait, I know where a long stick is hidden to help in disc retrieval at the pond at Buckhorn!! It's saved me a few times. If you use it, please replace it. Look to the woods and if you are worthy it will appear. If you can't find it, you have bad disc karma.

I know where it is :p

Hole #24 at Kaposia: If you throw straight at the tall pine tree as high as you can there is a hole in the trees where the swamp is. 9 times out of 10 you get the disc to crash through the other side for a chance at a 2. 1 out of 10 its a lost disc :eek:

Hole #14 at Acorn Park: I defiled the woods behind the tee pad. Don't wander around too far from the path...

Hole 9 at Walnut Ridge has a long pad that is usually swamped and overgrown. It was put in when they redesigned the course for Worlds in 04 but I have never seen anyone play it.

Hole #8 at Purdue North Central in Westville, IN has some super thick pine trees lining the fairway. It's easy to get a disc stuck in them.

1. There's a ladder next to the adjacent baseball field, near the bullpen area. This works in a pinch.
2. Look around under one of the pines nearest the basket. There should still be a sizable pile of rocks under it (unless someone else threw them and didn't replace them). I put those there to aid in getting your disc out of the tree if it's beyond the reach of the ladder.

In ball golf, water is not OB, it's just an unplayable lie. lol.

Actually, if you're man enough/not a witch, you're perfectly within the rules to play a ball that's in the water.

It splashes the water straight at your face, and if the ball is down more than an inch, you're better off just taking the penalty stroke anyhow. But no rule is stopping you! :p

Renny gold hole 11-- aka Shooter's expressway. When the worlds greatest disc golf dog died, he was buried in the fairway.

It isn't about my course, but a secret about a course I played in Arkansas. There was a creek that ran right by the side of one of the holes, and a few of us threw in because it looked like there was a hyzer route over the water. I was knee-high in water when a local walked by and told us there was a swimming pool net-pole hidden behind one of the logs. I wasn't too mad though, the water was crystal clear and felt amazing because it was coming from the mountains. Much better than the stagnant canal water that's in my home course's 'creek'.

Latest posts