• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Secrets about your course.

#15 at Pier Park is name "The Dream Catcher" because maybe 1/3 down the fairway, 80-100 feet up, hanging from one of the firs is a very old large dream catcher. Apparently the park used to be used for survival courses and this decoration was left over.

Also, there is a RHBH anhyzer or RHFH hyzer local route to the long basket on #13 to avoid the crazy mess of trees most people try to weave through. About 45 degrees to the left off the tee pad there is a slightly worn path, directly down it are 2 trees on either side of the path. Throw it through those trees with as much power and turn as possible and let it finish up the walking path from 13 to 14 for a run at 2 and an easy 3.

hole six at willow stream park in buffalo grove il, the hole is the easies hole on the course, 250 shot with only one tree in play, ive aced the hole like 7 times and see bunch of people ace it, but the real shot is havin your friend blind fold you and there is a huge tree to the right side, the key is to throw a huge spike hyzer over it (most people cant make it over the tree without a blind fold) but if you do its still hard to park the hole cuz of the angle you gotta put the disc on for the spike, but if you can duce the hole you look like a boss and makes the hole a lot more fun and definate local route

I can second the Kilborne disc art, Sugaw's hole 19 and the blood stained bench on 11.

I cannot say I had prior knowledge of the cemented tree on HoNest's Gauntlet #14...I am assuming its on the RHBH hyzer line. And thanks for the heads up about Shooter's Expressway, Rob. I had no idea about this story, even though I'm betting its common local knowledge here. I will keep him in mind while traversing Renny in the afternoon.

Widefield (CO) is just a wacky course all its own, 5 interchangable pin locations for each hole is confusing enough, but we didn't find the actual teepad for #1 until we were walking out of the parking lot...and yea, HP has the figure 8(i had also mentioned it in my review from when I first played there).

Rankin Park, Gastonia, NC has (or had, not sure if the new course plans eliminated it) a really sweet 19th hole, from the concrete bridge down to #5 basket. Killer downhill shot.

Kilborne Park, Charlotte, NC at one time not too long ago had number plates on the baskets where it was spelled "Killborne" AND tee signs with the course name spelled "Kilborn". The number plates have since been changed, but the tee signs still spell the course name wrong. There is also "Old Hole 2", tee pad on the right of hole 1 which plays to what is now Skillborne(Long layout) #1 basket. Alot of non-local players play it by mistake and don't realize that it doesn't really exist until they've reached hole #2 after they've already played 2 holes.

Reedy Creek, Charlotte, NC has a super Stout layout for hole #14, with the "tee" being on the top of the far side of the bleachers on the cricket field. And another local secret about Reedy is that its the oldest course still existing in DG Mecca and its not even slated to be used for the 2012 Worlds?

In Crowley...There are 21 holes...At Bear Creek the Squirrel King rousts his minions for battle with the non-squirrel foes...they will steal your discs...and your lunch money.

Hole #17 at Crooked Creek Park has a 3rd Teepad that is little known about, or played. It's called "Saydee's Hole". It was done some years back by some local players. Saydee was a dog that used to be brought out by her owners John & Christine Wright. She used to always want to be near someone, so when someone stepped up on the Tee to throw, she'd want to be up there as well. She always had to be told "NO", "off the tee". When Saydee passed, she was cremated, and her ashes saved. When the 3rd tee was put in, her ashes were spread in with the concrete, so she has her own teepad now.
Crooked Creek also has 8 alternate holes that go around the park complex, it's not really a "secret", but they really are only played by locals, since there are no teepads, and no pole markers, just spots in the ground marked by small concrete markers

In Crowley...There are 21 holes...At Bear Creek the Squirrel King rousts his minions for battle with the non-squirrel foes...they will steal your discs...and your lunch money.
the squirrels at Bear Creek are vicious little buggers. also if you notice, all the brown tailed squirrels can be seen roaming around the ground, but the grey tailed squirrels are always nestled in some trees. either way they are some rabid buggers!

I thought they were going to mass attack us more than a couple of times...it's funny watching them come down and check out your discs.

this is a pretty awesome thread, even if I don't know the courses you guys are referring to.

At Hudson Springs there is an old long tee pad for hole 11, and a short tee pad for old #17, neither of which I have ever seen anyone play. And a tee pad for hole 19 that plays to the practice basket, that I think everyone plays.

The new hole 14 is built over an old outhouse. It was filled in and there is another one just behind the tee and to the right. I affectionately refer to this one as the deuce hole. :p

not positive if someone has posted this but liberty has a extended front nine and a back nine also. ever wanna play it hit me up

The 'Peak Course' at Big Sky, Montana, is really just a joke set up by the locals to scam you out of a $20 chairlift ticket. ;)

There's a prostitute out at Gower Park in Greenville SC. She tried pickin' me and BennettUA up yesterday, saw her again today. If you're wondering which lady she is, she's the one with her arm in a sling.

there has been wild, animal-like sex all over every hole at hawk hollow... the dude behind it all is hung like a bull...

Crosses Hawk Hollow off course wishlist. :|

After hole 18 at community park in channahon, there's a tee tucked back into the woods that shoots out of a tunnel to the practice basket.

Seneca Creek hole #18 - the zig-zag tree in the left side of the picture is known as "Joe Theisman's knee." If that doesn't make sense, Google the video . . .

c8cc67ad.jpg

Latest posts