• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Selah Ranch

I believe he's speaking of Pennsylvania.

Well either way he is wrong.

One of the course in Tyler, the Dogwood course is rated very high in Texas. There are two other courses on the property as well and many people claim it is the best place in the state...I just disagree.

Selah in the Snow(Creeksside)

8334684373_80a9778313.jpg

8334686445_8783c37921.jpg

8335741888_e5fe9482ca.jpg

8335743224_ede6dc6e3f.jpg

8334697775_9c428cb059.jpg

Last edited:
Sun was going down by the end of the round

Creekside 16 approach
8335744414_273f369b00.jpg

Creekside #18
8335739310_7ec5aee5e1.jpg

And the next day, lakeside which was not playable the day before:

#18 Basket
8334691595_0147d329bc.jpg

From 18 looking across the lake at 7's green
8335737634_2a36a7c3a1.jpg

Last edited:
im speaking of tyler state park pa. ranch looks like roller city

awesome pics of the ranch!

Anybody done Houston to Selah? Looks like it sucks. Is the Google Maps route the way to go? Or is there some other route that would be better?

Yea, i have. I live in the 290 & Beltway 8 area. I've gone two ways: google maps (i-45)and 59 to lufkin and tyler.

I like the second route a little better, but the first is def more scenic. Either way you have alot of stop/start and varying speed limits. And you're looking at about the same time. I went two weeks ago up 59 through Lufkin and Tyler and it took a few minutes under 5 hrs with two stops.

Anybody done Houston to Selah? Looks like it sucks. Is the Google Maps route the way to go? Or is there some other route that would be better?

If you end up going the hwy 59 route let me know! I live on 59 in Nacogdoches.

Hey Scooter, I'll be flying CLT->DFW, but a friend of mine will be driving up from Houston. I think he'll be in a rush to get to Selah, but is there anything he should stop and see in Naco or anywhere along the way? Like awesome BBQ or must-play DG?

Lake Nacogdoches is definitely must-play. ^^^ a diamond in the rough for sure. One of the best courses in TX.

Hey Scooter, I'll be flying CLT->DFW, but a friend of mine will be driving up from Houston. I think he'll be in a rush to get to Selah, but is there anything he should stop and see in Naco or anywhere along the way? Like awesome BBQ or must-play DG?

Nope...but he should pick me up so I can finally play the course!

I have been waiting for a sanctioned event out there but Paige and Emac's is only 1 round and a c-tier.

Lake Nacogdoches is definitely must-play. ^^^ a diamond in the rough for sure. One of the best courses in TX.

It is good.....one of the best in East Texas at least.

I play there once every 3 months (maybe) and only live 15 minutes away.

I am wondering if this is an elite course or just a throw your am off and place your layup close to the pin so you have a easy put. And what I mean by that is just because Duces and near and never, dos not make it an elite course. An elite course should make u use every shot you know and maybe some that you make up on the course. I hope this course is as good as every one says then I guess have a gem there. If there is a sanctioned tournament there I hope you have enough day light our club tournaments at idlewild take about 4-5 a round.

uhhhh it's an elite course!

it's transcendent of almost any other dg experience. meaning there is no sufficient way to describe how pleasurable it is, you must experience it for yourself. everyone will find his or her own bliss there.

if you want a really solid, long course to "throw your arm off" and layup for putts with no easy deuces in the manner of which you speak, well that is Roy Guerrero in Austin.

Selah SMOKES Roy G and pretty much any other course in TX. I would play Lakeside twice, once from shorts, once from longs, and just skip Creekside next time I go out there.

Yes I agree, one of the top 20 in TX by my best guess. Biggest faults are no concrete tees and most baskets are blind to the tee. It's in my top 10, but I haven't played any Dallas area yet.

NOW, if we could get those lazy Crushers to install the teepads it would be special. C'mon dangit!!!! hahahaa

I am wondering if this is an elite course or just a throw your am off and place your layup close to the pin so you have a easy put. And what I mean by that is just because Duces and near and never, dos not make it an elite course. An elite course should make u use every shot you know and maybe some that you make up on the course. I hope this course is as good as every one says then I guess have a gem there. If there is a sanctioned tournament there I hope you have enough day light our club tournaments at idlewild take about 4-5 a round.

It definitely is a challenging course. I know since my forehand sucks I had quite a few errant anny throws. I have been to a few courses around the country and so far it is a great course in comparison. Maybe one of the pros who has played it like McCabe can vouch for it being a great course or not and put all this back and forth to rest.

Latest posts