• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Sentimental value of your bag?

Sentimental value of your discs?

• Under $100

Votes: 12 9.4%
  • $100-$500

Votes: 52 40.6%
  • $501-$1,000

Votes: 36 28.1%
  • $1,000+

Votes: 11 8.6%
  • Priceless

Votes: 17 13.3%

• Total voters
I have backups for everything in my bag but not in the same condition. I also have three aces on two of the discs including a birthday ace. Somehow selling that plastic seems cheap. That said, I'd say somewhere around $750 would seal the deal.

i have all stock discs. everything is replaceable. and if i lose one or them all, i would be bummed but then just buy a replacement off the shelves. and could find used to fit my cycle spots. still i would say around $250 and i would give up all current favorite throwers with bag included.

I love the old school reference. You might be telling the truth though.....

I voted 500-1000. I would hate to give up some dyed discs, my '91 chains aviar, or my perfectly beat in striker/saint combo. Money does talk though.

I had to think about this for a little while because I am attached to my discs. I have been using the same 17 discs now for three years and I know exactly what I will pull out of my bag for almost any shot. However, my two biggest losses would be my Discraft Breeze (No longer made) and my Champion Beast (My first Champion driver about six years old). Now, in some things I like change but I am relucatant to change my bag up at all. I could probably get over the loss of the Champion Beast but the Discraft Breeze would be extremely hard to replace.
However, I would part with my bag and all its contents for something around $350.00 to $400.00 dollars. It would probably force me to try use some of the 50-60 other discs that I have and it might actually improve my game to change it up a little. Since no one will actually offer me money for my bag and discs I will have to force myself to try some different discs that may elevate my game a little.

Priceless to me. I have backups but if my bag got stolen I would be majorly butt sore, ace discs have memories and I have quite a few of them still in the bag

Next to zero sentimentality for my discs. I carry easily replaceable stock discs for this reason alone. :shrugsmiley:

I'd probably cry if something happened to my actual bag, though. :rolleyes:

I guess I'm in the minority... Sometimes I feel like if some JO stole my bag it might hit the refresh button on my game.

I pulled out anything sentimental a long time ago. The few discs that I managed not to lose from my first bundle of discs, I took out and replaced. Also removed my first ace disc from the bag. Current value of bag plus discs would be about $300, so I'd charge $400 and then go treat myself to a nice bottle of scotch.

I'm not sentimental about anything in my bag, but I certainly don't want to learn a whole new bag of discs. Everyone has at least a couple of discs that you've had for a few seasons, or more, and you know exactly how that disc is going to fly. TThe confidence that you have in those most trusted discs is priceless.

Bag

I would have no problem selling my bag aside from my tools inside of it (Phone, Keys, Flashlight, Wallet, Water) and the bag itself since it's not technically mine.

I carry a VERY simple bag of only 8 discs and the bag is a loaner from my best friend. I went with $100-500, closer to 100 for sure.

1x Beat to hell 175g SS Wizard - my main putter, I refuse to throw it.
2x Month old 175g SSS Wizards - driver/approach and wind fighting putters
1x Beat to hell 150g DX Aviar P&A - holds slight/slow anni to the ground, goes uphill like a jeep, Dead Nuts straight for 200' with zero fade.
1x Newer 172g ZGlo Buzzz
1x Newer 180g Z Buzzz
1x Newish 165g Pro Leopard
1x Played 166g 11x Teebird, dead straight with a predictable left fade.

Sorry my bag is so ****, but simplifying like this has SERIOUSLY helped my release angles and my touch. :thmbup:

I don't have anything that isn't easily replaced, so I'd do it for (new) retail + 50 for inconvenience alone. Only disc I'd REALLY miss is my beat dx teebird. It is currently beat into that sweet very very straight spot. Granted it wouldn't take too long to straighten another.

If I were to put a value on it, with Ranger bag and discs + whatever accessories in bag, about $400. Most of my discs are fairly replacable

I also like to make sure my discs are replaceable. It's rare I would spend more than $20 on a disc. However, the dependability and intimate knowledge of discs that have been in my bag for years would be a huge blow. The older the disc the better for me. Breaking in new C-PD2s would take about a season and my game would suffer.

The only discs in my bag that probably aren't immediately replaceable are my beat up z and x comets. The z comet has years of wear on it, and most of the LSS has worn out of it (but still as HSS as a z comet normally is) The x comet would be replaced easier, just because it's x plastic and I could beat it up quickly. Not a lot of sentimental value outside of the z comet and my super beat up z predator that I got an ace with a couple of years ago in the 25th Ice Bowl here in town.

Bag and all, I'd probably part with it for $550 (grip L frame and 19 discs@$15ish average for a new replacement)

Latest posts