• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Sexton Firebirds

JPEAces22

What's the difference between all the runs? I heard 15 is most over stable and 17 is the least. Has anyone thrown all 3 that personally knows? Also, I own a really cool teal and pink swirly one, but I'm looking for a purple/pink swirled one. If anyone's looking to sell post a pic below. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In Sexton's latest ITB, he talks about this topic. I can't remember which run he said was which now, but you can find the video on YouTube. I'm sure someone else on here probably remembers.

Oh and you can't use this thread for sales. You need to purchase a crown and post in the marketplace for that.

In Sexton's latest ITB, he talks about this topic. I can't remember which run he said was which now, but you can find the video on YouTube. I'm sure someone else on here probably remembers.

Oh and you can't use this thread for sales. You need to purchase a crown and post in the marketplace for that.

Ah didn't know that. Thanks for the heads up!

What's a production run that's close to a sexybird?

Most Stars are fairly close. Multiple Sexybird throwers have thrown my 2 Stars amd said they fly very similar.

The Stars I have thrown start out more overstable (although to be fair, I am picky about only buying flattish Stars), but Gstars starts less stable and definitely beats in fast than Star. I love Gstar Firebirds and will probably always have one in my bag for my understable Firebird/overstable Teebird spot.

Question: which is more OS: Sexybird or FD3 (both fresh out of the box and neither being an aberration)?
TIA for any and lol replies.

FD3 is definitely more OS out of box than a 17 sexybird

How many FD3's and or 2017 Sexybird's have you thrown?

I only ask because I have thrown 6 different FD3's, and 4 2017 Sexybird's and all but 2 of the FD3's were less stable than the Sexton's. I have one freakishly overstable C-line FD3, and a board flat S-line Swirly FD3 that are both mega beef and are more stable than the Sexton's.

Because of the stability difference is why I switched back to the FD3 actually. The FD3 has more glide and fades later so I can get more distance out of them. I just bag the Swirly S-line FD3 as well so I still have a beefcake in the bag.

Question: which is more OS: Sexybird or FD3 (both fresh out of the box and neither being an aberration)?
TIA for any and lol replies.

The c-line fd3 is very similar to a 2015 sexton to me. A metal Flake fd3 is somewhere between a 2015 and 2017 sexton.

This is over a fairly large sample size as well. I have 6 2017 sextons, 2 2015s, 3 2016s, 4 c-line fd3s, and 2 metal flakes. I am only throwing sextons right now(one 2015, 2016, and 2017), but love the fd3 and kept my stash of ten as cheap replacements to my 2015 sextons when/if my very limited supply runs dry and I can't get any more.

So, from most OS-> least OS
2016->2015/c-line fd3-> metal Flake fd3-> 2017

Beware tho, there are some crazy OS 2017 sexybirds

Beware tho, there are some crazy OS 2017 sexybirds

yes, have some very OS puddle topped 2017s here. my 2016s were all domey with nice glide.

to me, it's fascinating a company with 3 decades of plastic production knowledge can still have so much variation. for example, jerm birds have plenty of variations in 1/2 year of production. they are marketed as "the flattest thunderbird ever produced", but man, have I gotten plenty of domey, glidey birds.

yes, have some very OS puddle topped 2017s here. my 2016s were all domey with nice glide.

to me, it's fascinating a company with 3 decades of plastic production knowledge can still have so much variation. for example, jerm birds have plenty of variations in 1/2 year of production. they are marketed as "the flattest thunderbird ever produced", but man, have I gotten plenty of domey, glidey birds.

I'm hide the hat they know how to make everything consistent, but I'm not sure if they want to.

A.) it would add cost to a product that already has relatively tight margins

B.) I doubt the upper level players would want perfect consistency, since it would make cycling harder. I personally love how I can find destroyers in all stabilities, new right off the shelf or know that FAF firebirds are going to be wildly OS. And all the discmania ppl love their different runs. I guess that part is more of a personal opinion tho.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that there r benifits to variation, but it does make finding your perfect disc to be a little harder

And PS-Ive only thrown the puddle top jerms, so now I wan to try a dommy one

End thread drift

Agreeing with above comments on the OS 17 sexybirds. I have a 2017 that is mega stable. As always, it just depends on the PLH. The normal star firebird I have is the same stability as my sextons. Whatever you prefer I suppose.

Why are Sexton Firebirds worth so much on the secondary market? I have a 2016 Glow Champion version and see them going routinely for around $100. Can somebody shed light on this for me? Thanks.

Simple supply and demand. It was a limited run in the early years - it's not like 2019 or 2020 where anyone who wants to buy one will be able to.

Thanks. I kinda thought it was that simple but it never hurts to ask, right?

I might be wrong but i think the 2016 ones are among the most OS . . and that Nate thows the 2016 alot