• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Putters] Shallow Putter Not For Driving?

Achasteen

I am looking for a shallow putter that is good to throw at short range. I have an Innova Aviar and Dart, but I do not like the depth or bubbliness of those. I looked online at flat topped Aviar3s and XTs, but they seem designed more for driving. What shallow putters would you recommend?

What do you mean designed for driving? As in more OS than you would like? You could putt with a Destroyer and drive with a Berg, it comes down to whatever works best for you.

Take a look at the Pilot or Reko. Both rather slim and flat topped, yet neutral.

atom

proxy

or just pick one from mvp/axiom

pure is an honorable mention

The Westside Maiden might be the shallowest putter I have ever tried.

The Pure and Reko would probably be my recommendations.

The Judge always reminded me of a shallower, beaded Aviar.

I'll second the Reko.
Although the Innova Wedge is super thin and i remember being great for approaches.

Do you want something that glides or drops? Rhino/tank/ringer/berg all drop out pretty quickly. Classic roc/xd/pure keep going on line really well but can be hard to range to get short comebacks.

Gateway Chief is an awesome throwing PnA

It is shallower than just about everything mentioned above, very manageable flight & you can get it in both baseline and premium.

Infinite Cohort is really good as well, not crazy glide so it goes pretty straight and sits.

Gateway Chief for sure. Would also be a cool disc to have in the bag.

Classic Roc or the #2 Upshot by Lighting in both the Basic and Prostyle sold only though Gotta Go Gotta Throw online. The Classic Roc though is only in Star and G-Star or a Pro/R-Pro, even DX would be best for putting with and is only found on the Innova Factory Store online in the Limited section.

PS: the #2 Upshot is rather cheap.

Pures and Maidens are pretty shallow. I like zero medium Pures for putting and BT Medium Maidens for driving. The Maidens are pretty straight, have decent glide.

Another to try is the Skeeter as a putter, I know a midrange but is flies similar to a Dart/Aero or Rubber Putter disc and is small diameter. In the facts online the Innova site says the mold is good as an all around disc. My Dad used a Skeeter when it first came out with the production stamp but was too close to his Rubber Putter when he played in 2000's so out of the bag the disc went. Now The DX disc is in my brothers spare bag for others.

I prefer the feel of shallow, flat top putters for putting
K3 Reko
PM S
Bullet
Pilot
P3x

I have cycled through all of these at various times. Thers's a fair amount of variance based on plastic (for example, my K1 Reko was much domier than any of my 4 K3's). Keep experimenting, then grab 3-4 of what you like.

If you're looking for flat topped, the Pilot may fit the bill. There are other good recommendations in here but one that hasn't been mentioned is the Prodigy P Model S. Feels pretty shallow but I haven't putted them yet. Would like to try since I'm on the same mission - to find a small/no bead shallow putting putter.