• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Mids] Shark 3

I second this. AND they feel amazing in hand. AND they can be bought on eBay for only 12.99+shipping.

This is a good reason to throw the Shark. It's easy to replace and cycle. Even the out-of-print stuff is still affordable. I can't say that about the rest of the Innova lineup.

:wall::doh:

I'm speechless:p

The ROC and similar discs drop to ground still in flight, for me right at the point you visibly begin to see the disc starting to loose speed a bit. I loose about 10% of the length of flight of what the disc could be. I have tried different wights and such, different discs from different brands and no go. I gave up on ROC and like discs as a midrange for me years ago.

This is a good reason to throw the Shark. It's easy to replace and cycle. Even the out-of-print stuff is still affordable. I can't say that about the rest of the Innova lineup.

Underrated disc or overlooked disc, I got a regular Shark new, that is right new last year and it still was a no flight number disc putting it to no later then early 2009 as by 2010 all but the tournament stamped discs (Ice bowl comes to mind) had the flight numbers on them.

Thanks I throw a Shark already into the wind, I was wondering about the Shark3. I want a disc that has very similar flight path of a Stingray but can fight the wind, can't be a ROC as I can't throw the ROC or ROC like discs The Wasp comes to mind as a disc I can't throw.
Try a beat up DX gator.

Is that there that much difference in distance between a shark and shark 3? Does the shark 3 tend to be more overstable?

I have a Star Shark and a a couple of Champion Shark3s. My Shark is not all that OS, so the Shark3s are more overstable, and I'd say it's "that much" difference...

Try a beat up DX gator.

I will think about that, Another disc I am looking at is a Faster Putter disc that is the Innova replacement for the Classic ROC or DX disc, both OOP molds. Why the XD is OOP as many players like that disc. It is one of those Putters that are more for Driving or really long putt, and short midrange only though I mention the Heavy wight Sharks do this role as well as midrange shots. I fee I do not need a short midrange length putter hen. I do want a longer midrange but then my Impact is nearly a Mako3 in flight just that Discraft labels there disc a very low end Fairway Driver. The Impact is a in between Driver/Midrange disc and is in the category of midrange drivers or driver midrange, a disc that is either a low low end fairway driver that acts like a midrange or super fast midrange that has some driver qualities. So I feel I do not need a longer midrange then.

I think I might just take out the DX Stingrays and find another Shark in Star Plastic, max weight 175 grams.

James Conrad was throwing that grey MF shark3 for a while, but I don't think I saw him throw it at the last pro tour event on coverage. Looked to fly pretty stable, as I remember I had the exact same MF shark3 which was quite overstable.

Would not be surprised if the MD4 I saw him throw on one hole kicked it out.

I always liked the way DX Sharks flew, I definitely think they are one of the best first discs to own in like the 160s weight.

Latest posts