• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Shark

benestro

Bogey Member
I got a cheap X-out DX Shark Saturday and I think it's awesome, it threw really straight and I go tgood distance.
Anyone else like 'em?

I might invest in a Star Shark.

I use a 149 shark for fancy short S shaped putts around trees. I have made some seemingly impossible shots with it, but I recently retired it and donated it to my school kids.

I have a 180g Champion Shark. I use it mostly in the spring time on windy days. Becaukse of the heavy weight I find that the wind will not affect it on approach shots and even putts.

Started playing 13 years ago with a DX Shark as one of my first three discs. It was the one that threw the best -- loved it and sometimes still miss it. Excellent discs to learn form with. Great disc to have.

Sharks and leopards are the discs I prefer to give first to new players.

When I began playing again I was throwing a DX-Shark. Really loved it and broke into a nice disc. I've kind of retired it in favor of my Buzzz collection, but anytime I'm playing with someone new it's the disc I give them to throw.

I love sharks! I have dx, pro, and champ. If you get a gummy champ you'll never let it get out of your hands. I like the champ in 165g range. Sharks are fairly stable, champ plastic accentuates that stability big time. I use sharks for carving lines, annies, etc. Anny lines with a shark just seem to work more consistently for me.

When I began playing again I was throwing a DX-Shark. Really loved it and broke into a nice disc. I've kind of retired it in favor of my Buzzz collection

I did the exact same thing. My first ace came in a tournament with a dx shark and after it got beat in to where it became too touchy I retired it and got a couple of buzzzs

I used one when I started out.. I use it in windy conditions since its a 180g. It feels like a Roc without a bead to me.

I keep hearing rumors that Star Sharks have been discontinued. I hope that's not the case. I'm quite happy with my Star Sharks. They're very overstable but I can get them to 305 on a crush.

I love my DX Shark. I can park that better than any other disc and from almost any lie within 200'! I like it (dare I say it) better than my Buzzz!

You Shark and Buzzz guys. Do you think you get as much distance out of the Shark as you do with a Buzzz?

I love Sharks. I've been throwing 2 170g DX for a few years now due to their neutrality and ability to still fly great when powered down. I just recently picked up a Pro as well and it has a decent amount of added stability. Great for when I need to fight the wind. Haven't thrown one in Star or Champ yet.

Sharks are awesome. I've thrown/have some in all plastics. I think that heavy Champs are the best. If only I could find a couple of first run star sharks....I'd think that with all these other discs being such hot collectables, and the fact that it seems you never hear about sharks, that someone would have some they'd be looking to get rid of...

Just going out on a limb here...With the name Star Shark, would you happen to have any first run Star Sharks that you'd be willing to sell?

I keep hearing rumors that Star Sharks have been discontinued. I hope that's not the case. I'm quite happy with my Star Sharks. They're very overstable but I can get them to 305 on a crush.

I did the exact same thing. My first ace came in a tournament with a dx shark and after it got beat in to where it became too touchy I retired it and got a couple of buzzzs

Wow, the same exact thing happened to me. Except my first ace was during a skins match and my second was during a tournament. I retired it and went onto buzzes, and recently went back and got two x-out dx sharks and was crazy about them for awhile but now there just to touchy again. I should probably just invest in a star shark and start breaking it in.

I tried one but never really found anything special about it. Not a bad disc by any means though. I just didn't have a need for one in the bag next to my multiple rocs and fuses.

Now that I'm looking into it, I'm probably going to pick up a star shark. How do they compare in the star plastic to the DX? I'm sure they are more overstable, but how much? I used to throw a 180 DX shark and worked it well for my arm, I'm thinking a 175 star shark, unless someone tells me that they are very overstable and I should weight down.

Latest posts