• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Shark

I've only thrown a star shark once, so take this with a grain of salt. It didn't have a ton more overstability, but it seemed to have less glide than a new dx shark, and a lot less glide than a nicely broken in dx one.

Found a 180g circle stamp shark (ontario mold, not sure if it matters on these) out at Weatherford today... and it pwns. Called the number on it, got no answer... but the area code is from El Paso. Wonder how it got there?

Anyways, this thing does some pretty wicked turnovers. Might have to add it to the bag

You Shark and Buzzz guys. Do you think you get as much distance out of the Shark as you do with a Buzzz?

I've been getting better distance out of my Buzzz than my Shark lately -- it might be the weight though, since the Buzzz is a 166. I carry two DX Sharks (one 150 and one 180), but I'm thinking it's about time to retire them both (in fact, I have someone who wants to buy the 180, I just have to actually run into him on the course). My Buzzz and Element take care of most of my midrange shots, and I've got a Cro that I work in as well. Once my DGCR Hornet arrives, I should be good on mids.

I had a a DX Shark when I first started playing. It became nicely beat in and eventually became very understable. I bought a 180g star shark and have been using it for about 2 years. It is still very over stable, and it even skips when hitting the ground most of the time. it is good for hyzers and for a shot you want to fade hard at the end. Like someone else mentioned, it seems to have less glide than a DX Shark.

I started off playing w/ a DX Shark. Great disc for me at the time.
I now use a Star Mako...

My first three discs were 146g Shark, Cheetah, and Aviar, all used. The Shark is awesome for threading past a tree in the middle of the fairway, or for anhyzers. My longest shot to go in to date (less than 6 mo.) was an anhyzered Shark from about 60-70 ft. I'm pretty happy with the Shark.

I found a 168 Champ shark on a course. It's the ol' gummy plastic, and I have absolutely no idea what to do with the thing in terms of how it should be used for. But it feels great.

I loved the Shark when I started. A lot of people start with this as their midrange. Great disc to teach you how to park your approach.

I've got a couple Sharks that get into to my bag regularly. A 177 Star which I use for really windy days and a beat 166 DX which I use for Anny shots and occasionally as a roller.

But the Star has started taking a backseat to my new CryZtal BUZZZ's

But they are in the Xtra truck bag though. JUst can't seem to rid myself of plastic. Always gotta throw em all at least once a week. Like taking the kids to the movies once a week.:popcorn:

I started with a dx shark as well. I throw a fuse and buzzz now but this thread makes me want to put the shark back in my bag. Kinda miss the little guy :(

Mine are better than yours!!! :D

Nikon00001547.jpg

Nikon00001548.jpg

Nikon00001588.jpg

so the pro one is a rancho and the others ontarios? what is the deal on the different toolings?

supposed to be like a beadless roc, have you tried the roc? i picked up a champ shark and it flies pretty much the same, or as you would expect a beadless roc to fly. another large diameter mid range.

My first three discs were 146g Shark, Cheetah, and Aviar, all used. The Shark is awesome for threading past a tree in the middle of the fairway, or for anhyzers. My longest shot to go in to date (less than 6 mo.) was an anhyzered Shark from about 60-70 ft. I'm pretty happy with the Shark.

I have a friend who was expressing serious interest in DG...so I called his local shop and had the guy pick out the exact discs you spoke off, my friend said he was going on his lunch break last friday to pick them up...............called me on monday and said he was at Dicks and bought his own discs.(prob a boss)..said that he wanted to learn on his own....:doh:..

Sharks were one of my first discs....and I still like them alot to this day...I prefer plain old DX, and once seasoned, they are money......seem to be able to do the same with these as my buzzz's

I had a White 175 weight DX Shark in my bag from the very first time I played disc golf until about 3 years ago. Probably my most thrown disc out of anything I've ever owned. Started out using it as my putter/approach disc, moved on to throwing straight tee shots and rollers with it. I've sunk some of the nastiest, luckiest fairway shots I've ever made with it. It cracked though. Every beginner/novice player should have a Shark.

i pulled a star shark out of a pond years ago and have used it ever since. this year im retiring it for a beat ass dx roc that used to be my bros. hope it works out for me.