• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Dynamic] Sheriff

Kuel

Prototype Sheriffs are out. Longer Trespass? Similar to the Ballista?

picture.php

I don't throw far but I'm not a beginner. The Ballista is my go to driver. There appear to be differences in the mold but I would agree, they are similar in flight. Before the Sheriff, I described the Ballista as a longer Trespass. I'll have to throw it more to see but the Sheriff might be a tad bit longer for me. Early thoughts, this has the potential to bump my Ballistas out of the bag.

Anybody else throw one? Thoughts?

Here's what Dynamic says about it:
Coming in 2017!

​A versatile high speed disc is hard to find. They are usually too far on one side of the spectrum to be a true multi-tool. Introducing the Sheriff by Dynamic Discs. Long anhyzers, flex shots, pure hyzers; the Sheriff will arrive just in time to protect you from the onslaught of bogeys sure to come without the right disc. Attack the course with a new confidence knowing the Sheriff is standing with you to handle any problems that might arise.

Speed 13
Glide 5
Turn -1
Fade 2

Wonder if it's like the King and Balista where it is a big rim but doesn't feel big.

Heard a rumor the mold they used to make the prototypes broke. Anybody else heard this? Can anybody confirm?

A little bit of searching on the Facebooks yielded this bit of info. Consider this rumor confirmed:

Jeremy Rusco
Yesterday at 4:17pm · Emporia, KS ·
All of this hype about the Sheriff has seemed to break the internet to some degree. With that said, it certainly had a similar effect on the actual Sheriff mold at the Latitude 64 production facility. The rumor has been floating around for the last several days about the mold being broken, and I wanted to help answer and address the situation. The mold is, in fact, currently under repair as something did happen at the conclusion of production that required attention. It is important to know that the specifications and measurements of the original mold will be exactly the same as the repaired mold. I hope this helps clarify some of your questions and concerns with transparency from Dynamic Discs.

I'm predicting massive collector potential because you know the original will never be like the retool.

Does anyone know where to get one?

Ebay. Facebook groups.

They're not a production run and were only selectively made available to some retailers, and they were limited in how many they could get. It's not something you're going to be able to go on your favorite seller's site and find in abundance.

If you're interested in this as a thrower and don't want to pay ridiculous prices to get one, you're better off waiting for the production run some time in 2017.