• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shoes: recommendations please

boostfreek

Hello all,

Looking for some disc golf shoe recommendations.

Going to REI to buy a pair tomorrow and wanted to grab some feedback beforehand if possible.

Have always loved Keens and just blew out my current pair today :-(

Thought about trying something different to switch it up.

Looking for a lower cut hiking style shoe that is waterproof and comfy. Price is flexible.

Hit me with some great options.

Thanks in advance.

The way I see it, comfort is king. I don't care what anyone else wears. Feet a different enough that brand X may fit you better than it does me.

Try on a few similarly priced options, and go with the one that makes your feet feel best.

The way I see it, comfort is king. I don't care what anyone else wears. Feet a different enough that brand X may fit you better than it does me.

Try on a few similarly priced options, and go with the one that makes your feet feel best.

Yea. you 100% right. I have some falcon asolos which I love for hiking.

Just was looking for some ideas of what works for other people from disc golf perspective.

Tread pattern, longevity, flexibility etc..

Oboz is sorta a better quality Keen replacement in my opinion, and https://obozfootwear.com/products/mens-firebrand-ii-low-b-dry-waterproof are my current favorites.

Partly because the wide version fits my normal 4e foot. Even though I think it is just a "normal" wide Oboz seems shaped a tad bit better.

I initially found these recommended on Reddit a couple of times so gave them a shot. I have a second pair and my wife has a pair now too.

Oboz is sorta a better quality Keen replacement in my opinion, and https://obozfootwear.com/products/mens-firebrand-ii-low-b-dry-waterproof are my current favorites.

Partly because the wide version fits my normal 4e foot. Even though I think it is just a "normal" wide Oboz seems shaped a tad bit better.

I initially found these recommended on Reddit a couple of times so gave them a shot. I have a second pair and my wife has a pair now too.

Second Oboz. I'm on at least my 4th pair. Comfortable and durable. I wouldn't get too excited about the waterproofing, it's probably fine for morning dew but playing in the Alaska coastal rainforest my feet still get wet.

Last edited:
I've had great luck with Asolos, but for nine months of the year I use Asics trail running shoes and VERY good socks. don't skimp on socks. ever. really. socks.

I don't think any of the waterproof liners seem to keep my feet dry after about a year.

I don't think any of the waterproof liners seem to keep my feet dry after about a year.

Yeah, here in rain country I just throw on wool socks and make the best of it. I'd rather play in wet feet than rain boots, unless it's freezing ass cold too (in which case I'm probably gonna go for the Xbox instead of the golf course).

There is nothing that is going to last more than a season if you play often. I wouldn't break the bank on anything, just find something comfortable and hope it lasts.

Good to hear comments on Oboz I was thinking about getting a pair for general hiking and was hoping they would also be comfortable for disc golf. I typically don't need anything waterproof, but I thought these might be nice for hiking and disc golf. Seems like a quality small business too! I might have to try some.

Do the soles hold up to the torque/pivot on the concrete teepads well?

I can't say for sure as 1. My course only has a handful of concrete teepads and 2. I've never figured out the trick of getting that good heel pivot. HOWEVER. My last pair of Oboz lasted about 2 years of walking, cycling, disc golf, hiking, etc and in the end it still wasn't the soles that wore out, the fabric upper tore.

I use the Fila memory Foam Slip resistant shoes for summer as that is also my work shoe in a school kitchen. In winter for almost everything except running I use Some shoes I need to get a new brand of similar for, the Timberland brand I got hurt at the ankle despite doing all the quick break in methods to get the one ankle to fit right. I think padding in upper is the issue with that specific shoe.

Latest posts