• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Recommend] short hard turning disc

n88n

Hello all.

I have done some searching and just can't find what i am looking for so i figured i would ask you good folks. What is the hardest turning short distance disc. My home course has a super short 90 degree hole with a ton of trees.

Is there something that turns super hard that you don't have to throw hard?

I expect you will get lots of different answers to this. My choices have been the Dynamic Discs Justice, Innova monster, and Discraft Nuke OS. All of these are massively overstable. Throw them low, so that they brush the ground at the point you want to turn, and watch them jump left. The Nuke OS will probably skip the most, being the fastest of the three.

Do you mean turnover disc or a disc that fades really hard?

Stego (if you can find one) or concave ESP Zone for a short hard fade. Sonic or just pretty much any super beat putter for super flippy without needing much power.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Agree with swhite on this. That's all I bag the Nuke OS for. Short 90 degree skips. I aim for the ground around 150-250 out, and as soon as it touches down, it flare skips left (RHBH) usually longer than I've thrown it.

I have been wondering about the Stego, if it skips like that, for REALLY short skips...How long out is the corner?

Agree with swhite on this. That's all I bag the Nuke OS for. Short 90 degree skips. I aim for the ground around 150-250 out, and as soon as it touches down, it flare skips left (RHBH) usually longer than I've thrown it.

I have been wondering about the Stego, if it skips like that, for REALLY short skips...How long out is the corner?

The hole is listed as 230ft. My guess is the hole goes straight for 130 feet and then 90 degrees left for 100ft. I am left handed but can throw the forehand here. Right now i just flick something real short that tries to line up the 100 foot putt. I get a little fade but nothing super helpful. There are super tall evergreens all over the place so you can't really go the high route.

I'd throw a Prodigy A2 here. Other things will skip more but the thing I like about the A2 is that you really can't throw it too far. It's a great utility disc.

The Stego is perfect, but very hard to find. I was using a powered down Demon, that worked good too, but I prefer to disc down than power down.

I also prefer to disc down. If there's room to air it the whole I throw a verdict. If you need a skip firebird or something similar should skip a bit more controllably

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Assuming a BH throw:

If want true turn, you'd need the flippiest disc available... something like a Stratus or a Stingtray thrown on an annie line to follow a sharp turn that come early in the fairway... or maybe a understable putter that holds an annie line after the turn... like an APX.

If what you want is a hard, early hook-up that immediately goes into the fade, you want uber beef OS... something like a Champ Banshee, Champ Firebird, or even an really OS distance driver (Monster)... possibly thrown low for enhanced skip.

That said, you might find throwing a OS disc with a FH hyzer a more consistent option for an early, sharp corner, than trying to bend an understable disc around the same corner BH... particularly if there's a low ceiling or otherwise limited room for the disc to work.

Assuming a BH throw:

If want true turn, you'd need the flippiest disc available... something like a Stratus or a Stingtray thrown on an annie line to follow a sharp turn that come early in the fairway... or maybe a understable putter that holds an annie line after the turn... like an APX.

If what you want is a hard, early hook-up that immediately goes into the fade, you want uber beef OS... something like a Champ Banshee, Champ Firebird, or even an really OS distance driver (Monster)... possibly thrown low for enhanced skip.

That said, you might find throwing a OS disc with a FH hyzer a more consistent option for an early, sharp corner, than trying to bend an understable disc around the same corner BH... particularly if there's a low ceiling or otherwise limited room for the disc to work.

I am pretty new to all these terms and i am trying to keep it simple. A forehand hyzer is the type of shot i had in mind for this throw. Because i am new and i can throw both FH and BH i have not really developed a turnover shot.

Have you looked at some kind of FH cut roller with one of the very OS discs described above? Seems like a tough layout for sure.

Other than that I think a high, nose-up hyzer with anything glidey would stall out and fade far left if you wanted to try an air shot.

Or just power down a fast OS disc and let it flare skip.

Lightweight 300 Pa4 - Bite in lightweight is a floaty disc -

My guess is, just a lightweight understable putter - anything really would do. Innova Mirage is also pretty understable.

My personal pick would be a super lightweight Pa4

Discraft Hornet is going OOP, but it might be what you seek. It makes its left turn (RHBH, LHFH) then glides a bit rather than dive-bombing to the ground, and I liked that for getting around trees and such.

Another idea is the 2x World Champ Ricky's favorite, the Harp. The Zone OS also comes to mind.

Discraft Hornet is going OOP, but it might be what you seek. It makes its left turn (RHBH, LHFH) then glides a bit rather than dive-bombing to the ground, and I liked that for getting around trees and such.

Another idea is the 2x World Champ Ricky's favorite, the Harp. The Zone OS also comes to mind.

Zone OS? Does this exist?

Latest posts