• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shortest holes ever

Be afraid. Be very, very afraid.

6097887395_39507158fb_z.jpg

Whoa! I would skip this one.

LMAO

HOD?

GL XXX, thumber, 90 degree flip so it lands upside-down 40' ahead of the tee, 3 long skips, nothing but chains?

:hfive:

Last edited:
Gold Island Disc Park in Vancouver BC looks like it's got some incredibly cool rock terrain, with 5 really short holes too:
1. 108'
4. 112'
5. 102'
11. 102'
12. 112'
15. 98'

Hole 18 at Riggs Park in Wisconsin is 114' down an 8' wide low ceiling tunnel of trees. It's a weird contrast to the rest of the course since the other 17 holes don't have a single tree in play.

Happy 10th Birthday DGCR!

Thread #7429

My only ace is on the 90ft(and I think 90ft is generous. Maybe from the back of the teepad to the back of the asphalt around the basket, lol) monster hole11 at Winton Woods...

b39230fc.jpg

...and I didn't even take the hard route:\:gross:

My lowest round score ever was a 16 for nine holes at the Boy Scout project Alexandria, KY course (now extinct). it included an ace on holes 3 and 6 (the 50 footer). I'm not proud, just reporting the facts. I'm not sure I've ever heard of a shorter, or more useless hole, than 50 feet over a swampy mud puddle.
1844bf01.jpg

Very late to this discussion, but does anyone else feel like a hole is just STUPID if it's under 120 feet? That's my strong opinion; the shortest hole I've ever played is about 140', and I feel I could only drop 10-20 more feet before it doesn't even feel like a disc golf hole...

Very late to this discussion, but does anyone else feel like a hole is just STUPID if it's under 120 feet? That's my strong opinion; the shortest hole I've ever played is about 140', and I feel I could only drop 10-20 more feet before it doesn't even feel like a disc golf hole...

You gotta remember that some of these holes were made back in the days of lids, including the one I mentioned. Also, the average person probably doesn't want to take their kids to Idlewild for an afternoon...

I need to update these lists of short holes.

How about a 30 footer? Is that a par 1?

Yes. Lets leave that can of worms alone, lol.

#4 at Ashe Lake 9. 91 feet. The whole 9 is a disability friendly course with all short holes.

You gotta remember that some of these holes were made back in the days of lids, including the one I mentioned. Also, the average person probably doesn't want to take their kids to Idlewild for an afternoon...

Yes but I still feel like I just wouldn't have any fun on a hole like that. It's like, if you ace, it doesn't feel very genuine because of how short it is. If you bogey, well that's just atrocious.

NOW I see where all these advocates for par 2 are coming from... I still have yet to play a hole that short. IMO, they should be retired and redesigned, unless it is a very historic course/hole.

Over 5 min time Limit above
I played at Erie State Park the Shipwreck Bluff Course:https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7744&mode=hi Hole 6 white standard tees 164 feet the first time though, about 3 miles out of Dunkirk NY tough hole as if you go into a narrow fairway is the type of hole it was from tee off it was about 20-25 feet wide the the whole way through and if you were in the rough you were in the rough, wild roses are in the rough. Yes you used either a straight midrange or your driving putter on this hole. The whole course is one that makes you use every disc in the bag except big arms will not use a speed 12 or higher maybe an 11 speed might not get used either. Rough Rough, Wild Roses in there and thick too.

Last edited:
Over 5 min time Limit above
I played at Erie State Park the Shipwreck Bluff Course:https://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=7744&mode=hi Hole 6 white standard tees 164 feet the first time though, about 3 miles out of Dunkirk NY tough hole as if you go into a narrow fairway is the type of hole it was from tee off it was about 20-25 feet wide the the whole way through and if you were in the rough you were in the rough, wild roses are in the rough. Yes you used either a straight midrange or your driving putter on this hole. The whole course is one that makes you use every disc in the bag except big arms will not use a speed 12 or higher maybe an 11 speed might not get used either. Rough Rough, Wild Roses in there and thick too.

:eek: