• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shortest holes ever

The Crowle Hole DGC - Harbor Springs, MI

Hole 8 - 94' - Par 2

57d2f81f.jpg

That putt sucks if you are down in the ravine....

I'll admit, the signage looks pretty ridiculous showing the "green".

i know, it has nothing to do with short holes...but levi ain't too bad. somebody at my local course proudly sharpied up the yellow bands with his autograph, the date, and of course the number "2" on several holes for his...yep, you guessed it. his birdies.

The Crowle Hole DGC - Harbor Springs, MI

Hole 8 - 94' - Par 2

57d2f81f.jpg

That putt sucks if you are down in the ravine....

I'll admit, the signage looks pretty ridiculous showing the "green".

At least it's a par two... I'd feel pretty stupid if I got a bogey on that...

It's still a cool hole. It's a finesse shot that I at least don't have to throw very often except on some approaches, and makes you think about elevation and things like that.

I bet it requires a measure of skill.

Back in 1995 when our course was first installed we held the record for shortest in the world at 127'. It went from hole 8 to 10 to 11 and now that we're a full 18 holes it has settled at number 13.

I never realized this, but I guess hole #4 in the city of my birth, Minden Nebraska, is a stout 69 feet. Sure is a pretty little thing, ain't it?

a7e1ab32.jpg

I don't know if this course has been mentioned yet, as I didn't scroll through all the pages, but I went to it when I was visiting relatives in the Houston area as it was fairly close. Definitely a place to work on your putter shots. Bring a Wizard and a water bottle and you're good to go. I couldn't confirm any of the measurements, but there's only one hole showing over 150 ft. I see that people have posted shorter holes, but as a total course, this one has to be up there.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1086&mode=hi

Guaranteed that hole is more than 69 feet!

Lincoln Park #3 Maybe 60'

I made a road trip to Springfield IL today. We played both The North and South courses at Lincoln Park. They seem to be redesigning the courses for the upcoming tournament, because the hole I'm talking about does not appear in any of the media or hole info on this site. But anyway...

Hole 3 (I think it was the south course? This course is very poorly marked). There was no tee sign, only a post marking the tee pad. It cant have been more than 60'.

It was a fun hole though. I don't think that they are allowed to remove trees at this park, so we are talking virgin woods. Open for about 20' then you have to choose which 2' gap you are going to hit. Then the basket is on an up hill slop.

There were 4 of us and we took one bird (tree love), two pars and a bogus. The hardest 60' I've played.

I don't know if this course has been mentioned yet, as I didn't scroll through all the pages, but I went to it when I was visiting relatives in the Houston area as it was fairly close. Definitely a place to work on your putter shots. Bring a Wizard and a water bottle and you're good to go. I couldn't confirm any of the measurements, but there's only one hole showing over 150 ft. I see that people have posted shorter holes, but as a total course, this one has to be up there.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1086&mode=hi

I mentioned that course at the beginning of this thread. Its a good course to work on your approach game.

The people that live there don't even know what the baskets or for. I took my wife there to get her into disc golf, and some kids were use the #3 basket to hold a target for archery practice.

I played another really short one the other day. I give you Hole 4 Northwestern High School, Rock Hill, SC. The sign says 85 feet, but I think they got the tape wrapped around a tree or two to get that measurement, cause it didn't seem that long to me. I putted from the tee.

ce260316.jpg

That hole is more like 45 feet but I have yet to ace it. Everyone I usually play with including me gets a 2 almost every time.