• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shortest holes ever

prerube

* Ace Member *
Diamond level trusted reviewer
Premium Member
in another thread we are discussing short holes.
What is the shortest hole you have ever played.

I have found some in the 130's, but I can not recall any holes under 100ft.

Garry E Cavan near Edwardsville, In.
Haven't played there yet, but Hole #10 Pin Position A from red tees is listed as 80ft.

Hole 9 at Rutgers, aka Cubby's stomping grounds = 57'; hole 11 at Richlands, NC = 87'

WOW 57ft. is it heavily wooded with a small lake...of LAVA?

I wouldn't play that hole unless their is a disc eating lion chained to a thorn bush that is on fire between the tee and the basket.
-myself on another thread

Well, let's let Cubby show us how to do it.

Last edited:
A course (Buncombe County Park - not on this site yet... I need to get permission to put it up) that is in Asheville has 6 holes ranging from 101' - 179'. It's wide open (not a tree on the property), flat, and has no OB. A good course for kids or girlfriends to learn on... Or to add to your ACE count (if you desire to add to your ace count in that way).
DSCJNKY

Winton Woods # 11 is 90ft. The entire course is pretty short though, was built in 1981 for lids.

b39230fc.jpg

The shortest course in the Atlanta area:
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1355&mode=hi
It is certainly not easy though....

Shortest holes at my home course...basket is around the corner and down the hill:
5642df6f.jpg

158' from red 218 blue

next, hole 11:
be8c2353.jpg

157' and 198' in the short pin, basket is uphill and right

The Grove hole 3:
5d1fe1e2.jpg

126' I mistakingly said 116' earlier

Not a whole lot of easy ace holes here...not for a chucklehead of my skill level anyways.

At Chimney Rock in new jersey there is a hole that is exactly 100 feet.

ca5ab8d5.jpg

Its over a little stream and has lots of little trees right behind it so you dont have a straight throw to the basket.