• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Shortest holes ever

The entire course at Lake Murry State Park in Ok

And the shortest hole in the world is....................................................

Hole #6 at the "Flint YMCA" in Michigan.

30ft.!!! That's right, 30ft!

You go up to the tee, turn left, and the basket is behind a thick brush/vine patch. Theres no way to go through the middle, you can either take the long path around or go over the top. I'll get a picture of it the next time I go.

And the shortest hole in the world is.................................................... Hole #6 at the "Flint YMCA" in Michigan.

30ft.!!! That's right, 30ft!.
Here's a picture of that bad boy.

As the caption says you see basket 8 straight ahead, but basket 6 is to the left behind the bush.
view_image.php

If you want a really awesome short hole check out hole 14 at Dalaiwood, Scott Papa's private course in the West sound in Washington. The course manages to be very challenging and fair despite most holes being in the mid to low 200's in their shorter positions.

Here's his own caption for the hole.
"Often the most talked about hole on the course. The standard question is "What fairway?" Well, at 130' a person has the option of throwing two 60' upshots and having a 10' putt for a par. Is the fairway small? Oh yeah! Is the hole short? Oh yeah! Has it been aced numerous times? Oh yeah! Is it easy to take a four on the shortest hole on the course? Oh yeah!"

hole%2014%20tee.JPG

Agape, thanks for the update. I just hope the new layout is as good as the old one. The old Harold Duvall design was a classic example of an almost ideal Green level course for kids.

Obviously, I am not sure what the previous layout was, but this was actually pretty tough because some of it was so tight! The course in town was MUCH easier!

Here's a picture of that bad boy.

As the caption says you see basket 8 straight ahead, but basket 6 is to the left behind the bush.

In that picture, hole #6's basket isn't just behind that bush, its like 90-95 degrees to your left from that spot. That bush on the far left side is just a start of what the basket is behind :eek:.

There's really no view of the hole or fairway from that picture, thats why I said i'll take one next time i'm there.

I've been reading the thread and it's ridiculous how short some of those holes can get, there's just no challenge there. I realize this isn't the shortest course but I played this 9 hole'r one time on my way from college to the parents place and not only was it a overwhelmingly short course (2 holes barely over 200 and the rest between 120-150) but hole #1 was 80 ft. if I recall correctly. Riverview Park in Marshalltown, IA. No pics but stats.

Last edited:
short doesn't necessarily mean easy..18th hole at hyzer creek near saratoga, ny may be 150', but i have seen scores range from an ace to a 6..green lakes in fayetteville, ny has a 75' hole(number 3?)

all of davidson college

ever played davidson college in NC? the entire course has 18 of the shortest holes. they even mark the ones in the high 100's as par 4's and 5's, kind of interesting.

At one time, I was going to run a creative & goofy, but PDGA sanctioned (legal) tournament. One of the gags was going to be a 5' hole. That way everyone (I hope so at least!) could bag themselves a tournament ace. :D

The old layout of Valley View in Wisconsin had one that was maybe 90' over a ravine & through a bunch of trees. That one & every other good hole they had there are gone & replaced with crappy flat nonsense. I guess vandalism & general D-bag behavior is the cause of this.

Hole 3 at old farm (west MI) is like 90 feet, but it has a dogleg that makes it impossible to ace, I deuce it 95% of the time though. Gotta love the doglegs.