• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should It Be Considered A Course If It Only Has One Basket?

It IS listed as a practice area, so no problem for me.

I can't wait to play it and review it.:cool:

I wanna see someone like harr, or Mashnut try to write an in-depth, compelling review on the one basket and approaches to it. Lol

The point of this website is to inform disc golfers enough to make a decision on where to play. The information is there, and players will make up their own minds on if they want to play there or not. Our little labels are irrelevant if you ask me. Who cares what you call it, play it or don't. :\

I'd call it a practice area, so, seems to be correct to me.

Maybe I could claim an ace there.

But, there'd be no teesign or chastity belt to sharpie, so no one would ever know.....

It would be pretty unique to pour 9 tees in a circle around it at different distances :)

The point of this website is to inform disc golfers enough to make a decision on where to play. The information is there, and players will make up their own minds on if they want to play there or not. Our little labels are irrelevant if you ask me. Who cares what you call it, play it or don't. :\

Easy there cowboy. If I want your opinion, I'll go to your thread and ask you for it.:\:D

If that warrants listing on the site, I wonder how many private backyard practice areas could also be listed?

I can think of a few that have twice or three times as many baskets, plus better amenities :D Can't wait to start writing reviews!

Seems like many of you don't know that "Practice Area" is a category on this site. I'm guessing the reason is that it isn't automatically toggled on either the "map" or "browse" searches so you don't ever see them come up unless you tick the box.

For the uninitiated, here are all of the listed practice areas on DGCR

And, for what it's worth, though you can write reviews for practice areas (which can be helpful!), you can't enter them in your score book, even if you ace a 'hole' there...:(

And, for what it's worth, though you can write reviews for practice areas (which can be helpful!), you can't enter them in your score book, even if you ace a 'hole' there...:(

You also can't get thumbs up or down for those reviews.

Seems like many of you don't know that "Practice Area" is a category on this site. I'm guessing the reason is that it isn't automatically toggled on either the "map" or "browse" searches so you don't ever see them come up unless you tick the box.

LoL. I've bagged 13 of them.

You missed the ones outside the US. Change country to "any".

It would be pretty unique to pour 9 tees in a circle around it at different distances :)

I played a private course that had 9 tees that all played to one basket.

It was fun and actually quite challenging.

Would have been a different story if they allowed more than 4 or 5 people at a time though.

I like that it is listed as a Practice Area. It is my wishful premonition that one day a single basket for tiny parks to a full course for large parks will be as standard as playground equipment in EVERY park in the U.S.

Medium size parks will all get 9 holes or so.

This one has 12 holes & I love it for that. No need to squeeze in 18 or stop at 9 just to hit some magic number.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=4212

Throwing at one or two baskets in a field and calling it a "course" is total bullsh!t. IMO. YMMV. #2016. Etc.
Looking at you *doggy and HC.
Effing baggers.

If that warrants listing on the site, I wonder how many private backyard practice areas could also be listed?

I can think of a few that have twice or three times as many baskets, plus better amenities :D Can't wait to start writing reviews!

You can some throw at my two baskets in my back yard. Boom, bagged. Then we can move them across the street and call the park bagged too.

#TEAM