• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Should mulligans be use in disc golf?

Sometimes when my buddies and I are playing low $ skins, we'll do 1 mulligan per 9 on a use it or lose it basis...in those cases though, once you take your mully, you have to take and play that shot. I've seen it backfire beautifully:)

Sanctioned tournaments - absolutely not
Unsanctioned tournaments - discouraged
ice bowl/charity type events - yes if the TD wishes, as a means to raise money
casual play - if you want to get better, don't use them, if you want to have fun or play quirk formats, have at it.

this thread should have stopped here. scarpfish nailed it.

Scarpfish:
Sanctioned tournaments - absolutely not
Unsanctioned tournaments - discouraged
ice bowl/charity type events - yes if the TD wishes, as a means to raise money
casual play - if you want to get better, don't use them, if you want to have fun or play quirk formats, have at it.
Red Army: this thread should have stopped here. scarpfish nailed it.

Agreed!
It depends, I say the same rules for mulligans apply in Disc Golf, just like Ball Golf. It depends on how serious I'm taking the game. If it's just out having fun, then sure. If I'm playing competitively, No. I'll usually allow myself 1 per 9, if I'm playing a new course. My score will be bad enough, that it's not going to benefit at all. When I play a new course, my score isn't exactly all that stellar! lol

Last edited:
I only play for fun, so I only keep score per hole.

If i'm within arms distance of the basket I dont throw it in the basket, just count it as the next throw.

i 100% agree with the article however i do allow myself 1 mulligan per round but i only even use it if i miss a 15ft and under putt, its mostly just for my own sanity

I don't use mulligans. I try to be consistent with my scorekeeping.

The article seemed to take a few posts from the other thread.

Then this thread was made about the article.

What's going on here?

I used to allow one mulligan per round, if i used it fine if not I would throw twice on the 18th hole this was just part of the game for me when I first started playing. Now I can't even remember the last time I took a mulligan, but I can say that my game has improved since. Then there is the ten second rule.

My friends and I are new, so even though we are trying to get better, we take mulligans. However it has to be given by one of the other players. We never call our own.

during a casual round we play 2 from the first, thats it... mulligans are ok if you play your first shot anyways and just want a (extra shot)

"Two on one?" This gets asked around these parts usually, almost always for a casual round.

Latest posts