• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

SIDE GAMES

gsdtimmay

As a player I LOVE the "side games" at tournaments... What's your favorite(s)?

Mine is SKITTLES!

Mine is SKITTLES!
That's cool. :)

It might help the discussion here though if you perhaps explain what SKITTLES is, because I'm pretty sure a whole lot of people here (myself included) don't know, or have perhaps heard of it by some other name. One that is perhaps not in all caps.

images

Timmay likes SKITTLES!

Feed me some side games ideas . . . CTP's get a little old. Rings of Fire sometimes are kind-of a letdown if people keep missing all the time

I don't even want to answer the original questions because the post was so annoying. So I won't. At least it wasted a few seconds of my day, since I'm stuck at work for another hour or so.

I've never seen it done, but I've always thought a buy in cash ring of fire would be fun. A ring with 16-24 numbered stations would be set up (perhaps marked with cinder blocks). Players would buy chips for like 25 cents each, and would place an upside down disc to mark their station. This would be akin to a betting circle in blackjack. Every ring each player would ante up a chip by placing it on their upside down disc. (20 players at 25 cents each = $5.00 pot). If they make it, they can continue throwing for free. If they miss, they have to ante up another chip. Once the ring gets down to a certain number of people (say three), it is locked and no further entries are allowed until either one player cashes out, or all players miss, in which case the ring is reopened.

On all cash outs, all players at even numbered stations rotate four stations to the right, and players at odd numbered stations rotate four stations to the left. This way, someone doesn't have the tailwind direction all the time.

This needs to be a longer thread. I'm running a tourny in 2 months and Need Ideas. Longest putt into the practice basket is going to be in there, along with driving 5 stakes with A,B,C,D,and E on them, each one worth a different prize. Lets get more IDEAS.

Ace run course. Set up 9 super short tees like you would for an Ace Race. Charge $2-3 for each pass through all nine holes. Let players make as many passes as they want. Record aces as they are hit. At the end of the event, all the money gets divided proportionally amongst ace hitters.

My club has done a driving accuracy game. We set up a tee on are park access road, throw into an open field and mark out about a 60-75 ft wide fair way. You have to stay in between the markers to have your shot count. We have people buy in for $5 a shot or 3 for $10 to give a way a traveller basket. We set a minimum distance 175ft and a player would state a distance and throw his drive to see how close they got to the their stated distance. We use a laser range finder to find the distance thrown. This works a little better than a long distance comp because even the noodle arms can participate. I won a the traveller 1 year for $5 hit 226ft on my 225ft call with a dx rox. Beat out my buddy who was 2ft off his target distance.