• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Signature holes.

WW in KC was my home course for 01-03
(erie quiet when the planes all stopped for awhile after 911)
say hey to tedK, kenH, dougK & all the leaguers (&glow season's a comin right up....)
I have pics somewhere too.... fun course

jHarr said:
couple from the am national toboggan course

Heh I was hoping someone would post pics fromt he toboggan. The first hole would be the best, but you'd have to post a movie just to be able to show the whole thing!

I don't have a picture, but if anyone out there has played Forked Run in Reedsville, OH, they know what I'm talking about.

The hole runs on top of a man made dam. 225 feet dead straight, but the fairway is no more than 10-15ft wide, and drops off 30 feet into water on the left and 50+ into the valley on the right. I've never seen a hole like this before or since, and I like holes that are really difficult to play but also have no trees or obstacles, seems like the most difficult thing for a disc designer to accomplish. Always wanted to find a course that was lynx style, like the British Open in golf, where there are no trees, just extreme elevation changes, crazy winds and deep rough.

Others, once again no pics sorry but I love this thread:

#16, Sharp Springs, Smyrna, TN. Picturesque swamp-like hole has every shade of green in the spectrum, explosive foliage. If only we could kill all the mosquitoes...

#17, Lake of the Sky, North Lake Tahoe, CA. Plummets 50ft through forest surrounding the most beautiful lake in America, great veiw of lake from teepad.

#3, Sugar Bottom, North Liberty, IA. When this hole gets flooded on hot days in the summer it is a blast to play.

#1 Money Hole: Phantom Falls disc golf course. Private 30 holes par 90. Pine, Colorado.

Ill upload a pic as soon as I can, Im at work, cant really do that.

Also - Agree about Hole 3 at SugarBottom in North Liberty, Iowa.

There's so many Ill look through my pics and get some up here....

i dont have any pics yet but hole #2 at West Park in Jolliet IL has always been a fav.
You shoot of a cliff that drops like 60 or so feet then goes across a stream and basket is on the left.

i like it cause its really about control. if you get the nose up chances are you are not making it past the stream since the drop makes your fade go way right/ left.

its not even a hard one but its probably the sig. hole of that course.

Here is West Park #2 mentioned in the above post:
wp2.jpg

For some reason this picture makes the drop-off look non-existent, but it's definitely there, and even with the stairs it's quite a chore to get down.

Hole 16 at Cliff Stevens. 500+ ft if you want to go over the water and attack the tee, otherwise you will have to lay up around the lake. the pin is left hand side on the far side..

b48f5674_m.jpg

Latest posts