• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon lizotte putting style

deft

It seems like most pros splush putt with an emphasis on the push motion. I've notice Simon uses a lot less lower body on his putts but get ridiculously long straight putts. I wouldn't say simon is a pure spin putter but more off a spin heavy splush putter. I have recently been emulating Simons style with moderate success. Are there any other pros with a similar style of spin putt to Simon?

I've noticed it in the past. Is there a video of him just putting? Couldnt really find any.

I've noticed it in the past. Is there a video of him just putting? Couldnt really find any.

here is a vid of Simon speed putting that shows his nonchalant style.

Last edited by a moderator:
I followed him for nine holes last summer when he was in town. One thing that stuck with me after that was his putting was not on par with his driving.

It might have been just a bad round for him that day.

Simon is a spin putter. There might be 2 or 3 pro's who get more RPM on their putts. McBeth and Will are spush (spin + push, where are you getting the L from?) Most top pros are push putters, guys like Climo, Ricky, Nikko, and Feldberg are all push putters. Even the purest of push putters generate some mount of rotation, doesn't make them spush putters.

Simon is a spin putter. There might be 2 or 3 pro's who get more RPM on their putts. McBeth and Will are spush (spin + push, where are you getting the L from?) Most top pros are push putters, guys like Climo, Ricky, Nikko, and Feldberg are all push putters. Even the purest of push putters generate some mount of rotation, doesn't make them spush putters.

It's called splush. Always has always will.

Simon is a spin putter. Not a splush.

It's called splush. Always has always will.

Simon is a spin putter. Not a splush.

As compelling of an argument as that is, you're wrong. Spin + Push. You do realize the term is derived from combining those two words, right?

Simon is definitely a spin putter. So at least you got that much figured out. :clap:

I've never understood how he putts. It looks so effortless. He just snaps his wrist and launches 60 foot putts all day. Still trying to figure out how to get that type of power behind my putts.

Yeah Simon is as pure of a spin putter as there is.

Also, I hate everything about the term "spush" putt because its stupid. The push putt mechanics are the same no matter how much spin you putt on it. Its a push putt because of the mechanics and the direction of the stroke, I don't care if it's barely spinning or booking it. Nobody has ever called Steve brinster a "spush" putter but his putts come out with more velocity than anyone.

Spin + push = splush somehow?
12991126_909790809138127_4355428415039338118_n.jpg

Yeah Simon is as pure of a spin putter as there is.

Also, I hate everything about the term "spush" putt because its stupid. The push putt mechanics are the same no matter how much spin you putt on it. Its a push putt because of the mechanics and the direction of the stroke, I don't care if it's barely spinning or booking it. Nobody has ever called Steve brinster a "spush" putter but his putts come out with more velocity than anyone.

I've never thought about it like that but you're right. Simon does go through a push motion, just not as exaggerated as some. I used the term spush to because that what i always thought a push putt with a lot of wrist snap was called. Maybe the terminology needs to be cleared up?

I've never thought about it like that but you're right. Simon does go through a push motion, just not as exaggerated as some. I used the term spush to because that what i always thought a push putt with a lot of wrist snap was called. Maybe the terminology needs to be cleared up?

You misinterpreted what was said. Simon does NOT go through a push motion. Sure his hand moves forward, but that's required to throw anything. PBM made two separate statements. 1: Simon is a pure spin putter 2: Calling ANYONE a spush putter, McBeth or otherwise, is wrong.

I Disagree with 2, but I can understand where PBM is coming from

splush = spin + loft + push

Always has been for quite some time dating back to the first Whamo days.

rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrright.... lol..

Latest posts