• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Simon's Vlog

Was it in Fission plastic? Off the top of my head, that's the only plastic you'll see drivers deliberately produced below 150g.

Yes, but the weird thing is that their website doesn't show it could be available in weights below 155. You have to find that out from other players or in shops or online.

Yes, but the weird thing is that their website doesn't show it could be available in weights below 155. You have to find that out from other players or in shops or online.

I'm not sure if that's an oversight or not. The Tesla has the same issue - you can get Fission Teslas below 155g and the website does not mention that, as well.

Weird that you guys struggle finding light weight ones. I have to sort through lots of light weight ones looking for heavier ones in my local stores. Maybe they ship most of the light ones to higher altitudes?

Yeah if you're in the know you know :D. Maybe they keep it listed at 155 since that's what every plastic can come in at. They could always say:

Available in 155-176g (Fission 145g-176)

But that just complicates it. If I remember correctly the Astronaut Lady stamp from the FR fission waves was somewhat available in the 145g weight. I snagged one. You can also add photons to the 145g possibilities.

Simon said he misses shorter technical courses on tour on his latest Vlog, dear god do i agree. It's gonna be distance driver pumps on 90% of the courses.

Timestamp 7:00

Simon said he misses shorter technical courses on tour on his latest Vlog, dear god do i agree. It's gonna be distance driver pumps on 90% of the courses.

But it's that way with probably all sports. People like the BIG shots.

Basketball - 3 pointers
Baseball - home runs
Ball Golf - huge, long drives
Football (American) - huge passes for lots of yards, or long runs
Soccer (Football for non-Americans) - long shots for a goal
Hockey - slap shot for a long distance goal.

As the saying goes in Ball golf and disc golf....drive for show, putt for dough. Even long putts are more enjoyed than tap-ins.

I thoroughly enjoyed the Disc Golf Guy's recent coverage of the Tallahassee tournament for that very reason. Watching Orum slice and dice those tunnels was high entertainment.

Gatekeeper bag check showed him with 12 discs total and 11 molds, only duplicate was 2 Anodes for putting. Is this accurate?

Gatekeeper bag check showed him with 12 discs total and 11 molds, only duplicate was 2 Anodes for putting. Is this accurate?

THIS is what I am wondering now. I really didn't keep track of Simon's bag with Discmania. Was it always this minimal?

THIS is what I am wondering now. I really didn't keep track of Simon's bag with Discmania. Was it always this minimal?

I think he kept more in the bag with discmania, but has generally been one to lean on a few discs and then throw some situational discs in there as well. His bag was generally, p2, p1x, mind bender(md4 before that), fd, fd3, pd, dd3, pd2

pretty cool unboxing video, didn't have any shots of him throwing all these but some sneak peaks of upcoming releases from MVP and some really *experimental* franken-discs 🫣

Just watched that like an hour ago. Man their plastic looks nice.

And damn do I want to throw that Buzzz!

Wonder what Innova and Discraft think about this?. . .I hope Simon do put at least one Stremline in his bag
Looks like -24 will be a fun year for Axiom. .

Latest posts