• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Single Disc Rounds

putter rounds are a blast!:thmbup:

Agreed. Its nice that my local course is still 5400' from the ams, and makes for a great Putter Challenge.

Sometimes it's embarrassing that I don't score much better with the full bag.

Fixed and seconded.

If one round of golf can mess up your putting game, it's not because you used the wrong disc to putt, it's because your putting game wasn't good to begin with.

QFT.

I've been playing a lot of two disc rounds at a local nine hole course (Milwaukee County Sports Complex) with just a driver and a putter. I keep buying plastic, throw it a few times and never use it again if the results aren't the greatest right out of the box. I'm forcing myself to try the discs collecting dust as my goal is to play at least one round with each driver/fairway driver I own by the end of summer at the complex. I was quite surprised how some of the discs I thought of as garbage have fared. It's generally windy there so I can see how the disc fairs with a headwind, tailwind and various crosswinds as well.

I love my Ion for one-disc rounds to sharpen things up. But I shoot a solid 4-5 strokes higher that way.

I played a whole round with just my Aviar the other day and only shot +3. We had a tournament the next day and I shot -2 in the first round and -4 in the second.

Yeah I totally think its fun to do this sometimes. Then you never think about (what will I use). When I get a new disc (as long as its not a distance driver) I use it 95% of a course to just get the feel of it. I like doing that.
If it was for $ tho, and still had to do 1 disc....I'd say Buzzz. Or Mako.... Maybe Stalker.

Buzzz

I, too, have been playing a lot of two disc rounds lately. I plan on playing some one disc rounds in the coming weeks with my Buzzz, and maybe one or two with my Mako, to familiarize myself with them better, but haven't done so yet. So far, my best single round of 18 was a two disc round.

I just recently played an 18 hole round with only my Buzzz Pro D, it was a lot of fun. I actually enjoyed it so much I bought a second Buzzz so I can lend the original to friends who've never played. So far, 2 people hooked with one disc :]

When I started this thread last week I was curious to see which disc was preferred the most and it is obviously the Buzzz. I really love this disc like many other people and plan on using it this way for awhile. I have tried the Mako but the results were not as good. I am going to try a single disc round with the Element I bought recently and see what happens.

At my home course i could play rounds with only my esp buzzz and shoot a decent round, theres soo many holes that i already use it to drive on anyway that id have no problem playing with just that disc.