• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Slightly more stable roc.

Connor Jones

International Hair Champion
Gold level trusted reviewer
I would like a more stable roc,I would prefer someone not suggesting an older,more stable roc,or a premium plastic roc,I want something that is in production at a decent price(less than 15 each)

All brands will work.

1,2,3,go.

:popcorn:

sooooo somthing that still glides but is more stable

You are describing something in the driver realm.
zone wasp drone gator etc....all lack the slow glide of a Roc
You are describing a Viper but that is driver

sooooo somthing that still glides but is more stable

You are describing something in the driver realm.
zone wasp drone gator etc....all lack the slow glide of a Roc
You are describing a Viper but that is driver

Is there nothing inbetween those?

I feel like the jump from Roc -> Drone/Zone range is pretty big, :(

The Roc is a wider disc with a narrow rim thus it has a lot of glide. The bead provides the stability. Not many discs are engineered and fly like a Roc. I think the lat 64 pain is a glidey yet stable mid. The swedes love glide and there's a bead on it I'm pretty sure. I never threw one though.

Z plastic Wasp is what I turn to when I need a slightly more stable Roc. Infact my midrange setup is Comet/Roc/Wasp.

Hornet would not be a bad choice.

And I assume by more stable you mean more over stable? Or more straight stable?

I did mean more over stable.

I'm not really a big fan of the hornet,but stability rating wise it would seem like a good fit.

I might have to try the Vector,or a Pain,also what about an Aftershock?

I use an Ace Race hornet, but I know a lot of people hate them. Maybe try a Wolf. I started with one and it was good.

Perhaps a Lat64 Trident. It's technically a driver, but it's slow enough for midrange and and is nicely overstable. Plus, they're really pretty.

Wasp or Sentinel MF are basically more stable Roc molds. Anything else is not going to feel like a Roc.

z wasp. once you beat it in a little you can rip it dead straight and still have a pretty strong/predictable fade at the end. one of my favorite and farthest flying mids behind my 2 buzzz

Been a few discs recently added that fit your description.

Hornet and Vector come immediately to mind.

Latest posts