• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Slower Buzzz?

The pure seems to be longer than my other putter (Anode and Ion) so I would think its a good fit for what you need. This thread has me thinking about keeping one in my bag now.

ohh yes, definitely longer. Keep in mind I am talking OPTO Pures (never tossed a pure in any other plastic).

I have both and never would have guessed the pure to be longer. The anode seems to glide much more which is why I don't use it for putts inside 50'. I guess I'll have to test them out side by side off the tee. :confused:

In any event, I vote for the opto pure too but I've never thrown a buzz so I'm basing this on what others comment regarding the buzz's flight.

I may get shunned, but the extra stability in the Champ Zephyrs makes it like a super slow buzzz for certain approaches or short holes.

Gateway's E-Line Element is a nice mid-range disc that flies and feels a bit similar to the Buzzz. No bead on the bottom lip. Plastic has a bit more grip than Discraft's Z plastic.

how bout a panther or a skeeter? they are smaller but definatly slower

i reach for a putter for those shots but beadless might get flippy on you.

i wonder if you can't just slow down the buzzz it is more workable esp if paired with a comet. since the comet can really be thrown at 30% for short upshots with great control.

I think this is good advice. Also as far as putters go just grab one of the major brands and you should be fine.

MVP
Gateway
innva
Discraft
Lat 64
or ...

Cheers - Koffee

Try an Ibex. Goes dead straight when thrown flat. Also will hold any line and power down better than a Buzzz. Launched mine on a 309' rope through a 8' wide tunnel during a tourney today to put myself within 20' for the deuce. One other plus based on what you were asking for, it has a similar rim to a Buzzz SS and is nice and grippy and super durable in all weather.

Latest posts