• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Innova] Slower Wraith?

atvan

Birdie Member
I've heard lots of great things about the Wraith, but I want to stick with slower discs for a while. I was wondering about something that flies like a wraith, but is easier to get up to speed, especially in the fairway range, but also mids.

Thanks!

Eagle-x should do you pretty good. Champ or star w/e is your preference.

edit: a bit faster and just out of the fairwasy slot you could go with an opto striker. i found gl's to be to flippy to compare to a wraith flight.

Last edited:
Opto Striker is what you're looking for. I used to throw a Z Surge but I stepped down to an Opto Striker and it's perfect, nice flat throws with a predictable fade. I still get decent distance out of it if I'm a little nose up, whereas the Surge (same thing as a Wraith) would stall out a lot quicker.

Second on the Eagle X, super consistent lines, nice and stable, with a fairly wraith-like finish

I'd say you are describing an Eagle or PD. A little bit of turn, and lots of LSS. The Striker (I prefer Gold Line) is also a good reccomendation; requires much less snap/power to get up to speed than the Wraith or really any driver speed 9+.

I've heard lots of great things about the Wraith, but I want to stick with slower discs for a while. I was wondering about something that flies like a wraith, but is easier to get up to speed, especially in the fairway range, but also mids.

Thanks!

Could somebody explain the different Eagles to me? I don't get it.

Mind Expansi0n, I have noticed that about my Flow as well. Hehe seems about a speed 11 like the wraith but something about that Lat 64 seems to make them easier to get up to speed. I am unable to get good power on my Katana or even Monarch (n00b buys :p), but the flow just works.

Could somebody explain the different Eagles to me? I don't get it.

Mind Expansi0n, I have noticed that about my Flow as well. Hehe seems about a speed 11 like the wraith but something about that Lat 64 seems to make them easier to get up to speed. I am unable to get good power on my Katana or even Monarch (n00b buys :p), but the flow just works.

feel the bottom edge of the wing, if there's a notch, its an eagle-x which will be a little more stable and imho closer to what your looking for. No notch means eagle-l. Though discs mold diff cause a freind has a 10x eagle -l thats every bit as stable as the new x molds.

Teebird. Enough said.

If the wraith is to fast for him then im assuming he's not going to overpower a teebird, which would cause it to have a wraith like flight. with the correct rip the teebird is just going to go straight with no high speed turn.

Now if you had said DX Teebird i might have agreed.

feel the bottom edge of the wing, if there's a notch, its an eagle-x which will be a little more stable and imho closer to what your looking for. No notch means eagle-l. Though discs mold diff cause a freind has a 10x eagle -l thats every bit as stable as the new x molds.

???
That just made it more confusing.

feel the bottom edge of the wing, if there's a notch, its an eagle-x which will be a little more stable and imho closer to what your looking for. No notch means eagle-l.
???
That just made it more confusing.

This should help explain what he means.

both-eagles.jpg

Latest posts