• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

[Discraft] Smoke the chains with a Roach

I got a Jawbreaker Roach last week. Was a bit disappointed in the plastic. Wasn't expecting it to be as smooth as it is, but its ok. Loving the disc though. I don't have a long drive so approaches matter and these things are point and shoot.

I got a Jawbreaker Roach last week. Was a bit disappointed in the plastic. Wasn't expecting it to be as smooth as it is, but its ok. Loving the disc though. I don't have a long drive so approaches matter and these things are point and shoot.

Looking at backups; I guess at least the Jawbreaker doesn't have a stupid azz stamp on it.

I'm a little disappointed with all the talk of Jawbreaker Roaches being slick, the three JB Zones I have are fantastic.

I just picked up a Soft-X and it seems like it's going to be a great winter replacement for my Pro-D's. Not sure what I'm going to do with my Big-Z over the winter. It's grip is somewhat slicker than I prefer in the warmer months, I can only imagine how slick it will be when it's below freezing out. I was hoping the Jawbreaker could fill that spot.

^Right!?

You said before the blend feels slick. Some are saying it gets tackier as it wears. Id be interested to hear how slick yours is later after getting a little beat in.

Yeah; there seems to be a glossiness to it that seems to be wearing off. I can still feel it on the face of the disc but not as much around the edges.

Had a bad drive on Sunday and was thrilled to sink a shot about 150-200' out with my Roach. Loving this disc!

Anyone here able to give me a Roach vs PA4 comparison? Interested in a stability differences. I picked up a Roach at PIAS the other day and they felt great.

I bag a Glo Z Roach for stable putter drives, and a Proto PA4 for flippy putter shots. The Roach in Glo and Big Z is more overstable than any PA4 I have thrown. The X Soft and Pro D versions wear in to being flippy fairly quickly. Any specific questions I can help with?

At putter speeds, would a Jawbreaker Roach be more stable than a 300/350g PA4? What Innova flight ratings would you give the Roach?

At putter speeds, would a Jawbreaker Roach be more stable than a 300/350g PA4? What Innova flight ratings would you give the Roach?

I believe so, though I have not thrown either disc in those plastics. My Glo Z Roaches are less HSS than Challengers. Makes for straighter upshots. Tons of glide, without being flippy.

Loving me some roach. If your a fan of the magic to me the roach is a tick sleaker in the hand and a tick faster. Other than that very similar feel and flight. Took the magics out of the bag for the first time in years.

I've just made the switch to the Roach after putting with Pa1's for over two years. It's taken me a few weeks to really iron out the odd form I had been using to putt with such an OS mold. May sound odd but these two don't feel that different in my hand but the flight of the Roach is so much easier to keep straight and my putting has been much more consistent. I was putting with it in some 10-12 mph open winds yesterday for practice and it held up nicely. These are stable. Love the grip and durability of Jawbreaker. My Big Z's are really great throwers too. They remind me of a slower ESP Buzzz. Discraft did a good job with this mold.

My flight #'s =
3 | 3 | -.5 | 1

One last bump. Anyone find the Big Z Roach to be more stable than a lot of the initial reviews put online?

My Big Z is significantly more overstable than my Glo Flx Zs. The XSofts are less overstable, but very workable.

My Big Z is significantly more overstable than my Glo Flx Zs.

Yeah I thought the Big Z Roach would replace my PA4's but I'm going to carry both for throwing because they are that different. The Roach won't hyzer flip for me like the PA4. I think Discraft should have given it a rating of 1 instead of 0.

i have found the big z more stable as well. have to pair it with a d or jawbreaker to cover the shots I need.

i have found the big z more stable as well. have to pair it with a d or jawbreaker to cover the shots I need.

Are any runs coming out with any domes or pop tops? My buddy got a Discraft X-mas bundle with a black MDGO stamped D-Roach that had a pop top, and that's what made me go out and buy some Roaches. I opted for the X and JB, but mine are flat. Great fliers though, I just liked the feel of that D pop top (I haven't actually thrown it, just putted with it....).

Any one notice D's running more domey?

No D Roach experience at all, but I used to see some crazy domes with Pro-D Challenger misprint packages. Mine would have been in the 170 range. A ten pack would have 2 with crazy dome, 2 with sunken tops, and 6 in between/normal.

Latest posts