• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

Snap?

teebob

Birdie Member
Is it possible to get to much snap? Yesterday I swore I broke my finger after a hard snap. It literally felt and sounded like it broke, it is fine today but the pain lasted about 15minutes.

The snap is what puts rotational momentum on the disc. The more rotational momentum you have the further a disc is going to go. Someone a long time ago explaind the physics of it in what could possibly be any DG nerd's favorite thread ever. There is no such thing as too much snap, just too much snap for the shot you wanted to throw sending your disc 100' past the hole.

Broke your finger?? I don't think that has anything to do with snapping a wrist. There's another culprit at work here.

Sounds like a problem with your grip, i.e. the way you're gripping the disc.

Is it possible to get to much snap? Yesterday I swore I broke my finger after a hard snap. It literally felt and sounded like it broke, it is fine today but the pain lasted about 15minutes.

Rub some dirt on it and you'll be fine.

Hey you know what would be funny? Another post talking about getting over the pain. That would be hilarious. I hope this thread continues for 10 pages of just those posts, they would be doubly funny if they were also sports cliches.

major-payne.jpg

"Want me to show you a trick to take your mind off the pain in your leg? Let me see your finger"