• Discover new ways to elevate your game with the updated DGCourseReview app!
    It's entirely free and enhanced with features shaped by user feedback to ensure your best experience on the course. (App Store or Google Play)

So all the snow has melted...

i'm stoked that the snow is gone, as soon as the temps drop there will be no more mud, and you can play a round with great traction, dry feet, and dry discs.

In my mind this was the best possible scenario for disc golf conditions. it may have sucked today and yesterday, but unless we get more snow soon these will be some excellent conditions.

Agree with all that, but now we have 20-25 mph winds. Not cool.:thmbdown:

Oho, and looks like the mid-west is slammed. My in-laws live in Minnesota, they said they haven't had that much snow for a few decades.

Guess it will be a while for you guys, too.

I've been playing in MN for the past week - not too bad out there, the last couple of days it's been pretty solid, today the wind chill had a bit of a bite, but it was still a nice round, a lite dusting of snow made calmed the slideaways.

We got a couple more inches last night. Just fixin' to get the snow blower out. Hope the plow comes by before I'm done...

Glad you could get out and play. My in-laws aren't disc golfers...but sounds like you had a decent time.

We've been trying to get my brother-in-law out throwing. I don't think he has yet this year.

We won't be able to get out (working) for a couple more days. I think snow shoes would be in order for a little while. Maybe at lower elevations for a week or so. It's pretty crazy here right now, with everyone on vacation. This town gets pretty packed during this week.

Now it's about 12 degrees here, 32 mph winds w/ 40 mph gusts, -10 windchill, and almost no snow. :(

Yeah, looks like I'll be throwing in the garage today. :thmbdown: Here's a pic of my DG/MMA winter workout center.

Attachments

• DSCN8798.jpg
    DSCN8798.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 13
  • DSCN8799.jpg
    DSCN8799.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 12
Nice set-up...I think I'll have to keep hubby away from this thread. He might get some ideas.

Fun round today... Wasn't to cold, only felt like -1. 25mph winds so I'm not complaining. Most of the snow was gone except at the course. There as just snow everywhere. 2 over was the best score at the course that most of us shoot under at. Some tough putting and sliding on the frozen snow.

I lost 2 discs in the snow at a local park recently, I woke up a couple days ago and it was rainy about 50 degrees and the snow was melted. I went to the park where I lost my discs under the snow and sure enough they were laying right on the ground in the fairway like I thought. Lucky nobody else saw them before I did. That was pretty cool!